what a cool dive ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to shove my camera under the boat to get a good view of the eggs.
attachment.php

Sorry I missed the dive. Sounds like a spectacular dive.

How much deco did you guys end up doing?

Regards,

hantzu701:
Sorry I missed the dive. Sounds like a spectacular dive.

How much deco did you guys end up doing?

Regards,

None ... we were both on EAN32 and spent about a third of the dive above 2 ATA ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That has got to be some awsome diving! How often do you get to see the octo's?? I sound like a little kid, but how big do they get?

Desa:
That has got to be some awsome diving! How often do you get to see the octo's?? I sound like a little kid, but how big do they get?

The Pacific Northwest is home to the Giant Pacific Octopus ... and they're quite common. At some dive sites we see them almost every dive. A full-grown GPO is typically 8-10 feet from tip-to-tip. The biggest one I've seen was probably close to 15 feet ... we named him "Popeye".

When you consider that they start out about the size of a grain of rice, and only live 4 to 5 years, that's some pretty phenomenal growth ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks, I need to venture out there sometime.

Uncle Pug:
... I was able to build and install two bathroom counter tops, a laundry room counter top and a kitchen island counter top as well as trim out all of the above. Plus I did some trim work on a staircase and in general made small scraps of wood out of big expensive pieces of wood. :D

Pug,
Nice to find a fellow wood butcher on the site. One day we'll have to get a dive in and discuss our other passion. I'm just putting the finishing touches on a new mahogany fire place surround which I carved. Acanthus leaf overlayed 1/2 vauses, with ribbon bundled reed columns and Iconic style capitals - plus the mantle atop it all.

Looks like I'll have to dive cove2 again this coming Thursday after work. I finally got the new BC to that second nature point so I guess I'll just have to bring the camera.

Cory, If you're reading, whats say Thursday (the 10th) around 3:30? If I get the first dive in around then I could also maybe get in a second.

Yeah, you two have more in common than you know ... you both built your own homes, and they're both works of art ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom