Whale shark in Redang???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gno

Registered
Reaction score
Someone said that they saw a whale shark at Big Mount in Pulau Redang last weekend!!:eek:

Can anybody confirm this???

:confused:

Gno:mean:

Yeah guys, been diving in Tioman fior a last few years, not a chance to see a whale shark. You are so lucky man, Born2dive.

Hey, Born2dive, frogfish and 71%, nice to meet up all. Bloop is also from Singapore. We IM chat almost on a daily basis. We were also planning for a trip together sometimes. Would you like to meet up one of these days?

Gno, which part of SE Asia are u from?

Michael

Hi all

Heard that this year the whale sharks have been frequenting Redang, Tioman, Aur. Smaller ones (about 9m in length), but whale sharks nonetheless!! I haven't seen one yet :(

I live in Singapore too... I usually meet other divers through the FiNS magazine divers' night. PM me for details if you're interested in meeting more diverd around the region! :)

I guess none of the diver here (scubaboard) ever see whale sharks in malaysia east coast... I guess chances to see a whale sharks in Thailand, Koh Tao are higher... am i right?

Neve,

Y don't u post the detail here... so all of us will get to know about it?

Good Day.

neve once bubbled...
Hi all

Heard that this year the whale sharks have been frequenting Redang, Tioman, Aur. Smaller ones (about 9m in length), but whale sharks nonetheless!! I haven't seen one yet :(

I live in Singapore too... I usually meet other divers through the FiNS magazine divers' night. PM me for details if you're interested in meeting more diverd around the region! :)

Yeah, I'll second that.

Organise a BBQ or something and we all contribute and share diving trip stories, tips and tricks.

But will have to be next week. Flying off in 18 hours...*bloop*

:D

Hi All,

Can't join the intended gathering. I'm in KL. Anyway, nice to know I have "buddies" across the causeway!!

Anybosy been to Manado lately?? I heard that the whole package from Singapore wuz abt SGD1,300 (all inclusive) for 1 week at Tasik Ria??:confused:

Gno:)

Born2Dive once bubbled...
I dunno about that,... BUT, I did see a whale shark last week at Labas, Tioman. :D Hee...

why am I so unlucky ...I was at the wrong place at the wrong time, was at Aur that weekend, should have gone to tioman instead ;-0

Thinkg of going Tioman this month, wonder will they wait for me :eek:ut:

Btw 71% a couple of the forumers (scubaboard) saw whale shark at the east coast of malaysia last year and I'm one of them, that's why this year , I'm planning of heading back to try my luck at the exact spot where I saw them last year . Hopefully they will drop by for a visit :D

But I find it funny, it seem that they are early this year, usually sighting like this are around late Sept or oct, why :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom