Whale shark in Redang???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

animian2002 once bubbled...

But I find it funny, it seem that they are early this year, usually sighting like this are around late Sept or oct, why :confused:

*hint* Throw bread into the water. Might help. Kidding.:D

About the whale shark in Redang ... yes is true :eek:ut:

My friend manage to snap few shots using his bloody digital camera ... turn out to be nice too.

Size about 7m ..... some people say 9m ... dont forget to minus 25% ... :D

Oh well... some people are just PLAIN LUCKY!!!!!!!!!

Ta.

Born2Dive once bubbled...

*hint* Throw bread into the water. Might help. Kidding.:D

:wacko: really....good idea, I will bring some down with me for my coming trip :D

Just Kidding :D

I dove with about a 30 foot whale shark on the Hardeep Wreck off Sattahip Thailand. I was told it was very rair to see in that area. Maybe the first report in 8 years or so. It was as interested in me as I in it. After the dive we snorkeled with it for another 20 min or so. It was amazing.

Yuuup! I saw one on 19th Sept 03 in Redang at the Southern Tip. I was gearing up for my dive at Big Mount when 2 divers arrived at the dive shop raving about the whale shark at the Southern Tip. It was lucky for us that it was still around, probably feeding on the plankton. It swept past about 4 times before heading back into the deep. I was not a large one (7-9m)... hence it moved pretty fast in the water! It was pretty amazing! I must be pretty darned lucky to have spotted one considering that divers with way more years of diving has yet to even see one! It was only my 12th dive! :D

kgdiver once bubbled...
I dove with about a 30 foot whale shark on the Hardeep Wreck off Sattahip Thailand. I was told it was very rair to see in that area. Maybe the first report in 8 years or so. It was as interested in me as I in it. After the dive we snorkeled with it for another 20 min or so. It was amazing.

How long ago did you see a whaleshark near the Hardeep?
Our club went to Hin Pleung in Rayong (about 60 km east of Pattaya, Thailand) the past 2 weekends and on October 11th, we also saw a whaleshark there, although it was quite small, only about 4.5m by my guesstimate!
Here is a link to some pictures from the trip:
http://www.damnam.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=382

Our boat captain also mentioned that the last time he heard of whaleshark sighing in Rayong was about 5 years ago.

This is a good whale shark sighting year for me. 7 dives at Koh Tao and 1 in Rayong with whale sharks so far this year :)

Has anybody see Jackass the movie? There was a footage of two guys stuffing tiny shrimps inton their shorts and then dive with whale sharks... The sharks actually nudged and played with the divers and to try to get the shrimps out of their shorts. The half-terrified looks on the guys' face were just too funny :D ... I think they were afraid that the whale sharks will bite them you-know-where...

Back
Top Bottom