Whale shark, in a net?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I smell new regulations...

alcina:
Thanks for the heads up on this. I have forwarded the site to several people who may be able to help.

BTW - whale sharks are not mammals, they are fish and true sharks. :wink:

This is disgraceful, disrespectful behaviour and I hope to see a quick release.

I had one of my employees translate the site for me. It is a site for posting UW photos. The menu on the left are country selections. The whale shark photos are posted under "Japan". The website itself is Chinese.

alcina:
Thanks for the heads up on this. I have forwarded the site to several people who may be able to help.

BTW - whale sharks are not mammals, they are fish and true sharks. :wink:

This is disgraceful, disrespectful behaviour and I hope to see a quick release.
Alcina, let us know if there is anything we can do to help, who to write to, etc etc.

I will. Not sure exactly what is all going on so will have to do some digging first.

You have a whale shark foundation in Thailand (that I can't find the contact details for) and it might be good to give them the heads up too...

Was planning to dive in Japan just to swim with the whale sharks, till now. I don't think that it would be in my best intrest to do so. I might cause an international incident, hmmm new dive tool bolt cutters

I'm sure Greenpeace has a boat headed out that way. Even those crackpots have some good points.

Want to swim with whale sharks? Head to Ningaloo Reef between April and July and you can do so in the wild, with a pretty well run industry. :)

If you fly through Tokyo on American/Qantas you can actually connect to the Ningaloo on the same day out of Perth - there is only one a day a week you can do that if you fly via Sydney...I am a font of semi-useless information :wink:

I sent an email to www.whalesharkthai.com , not sure if that might help. I wish somebody can figure out the detail from the website, may be name/phone number or email of the operator.

ssra30:
I sent an email to www.whalesharkthai.com , not sure if that might help. I wish somebody can figure out the detail from the website, may be name/phone number or email of the operator.

How about PADI, they are using the PADI 5 star emblem.

dlndavid:
How about PADI, they are using the PADI 5 star emblem.

Done, I think we all can help writing to PADI and various agents. I doubt PADI could do anything much about releasing the animal but it should not tolerate or recognize one of its member who practice such disgraceful act.

Back
Top Bottom