Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olly86

Registered
Reaction score
HEY ALL. am a bit confused- I live in England, so its obviously a bit chilly in our waters, so does that mean that when i want to dive abroad in warm water i have to buy a newdifferent type of wetsuit/drysuit (whatever its called?). does it really get hot when wearing an english wetsuit in warm waters?
cheers.

olly86:
HEY ALL. am a bit confused- I live in England, so its obviously a bit chilly in our waters, so does that mean that when i want to dive abroad in warm water i have to buy a newdifferent type of wetsuit/drysuit (whatever its called?). does it really get hot when wearing an english wetsuit in warm waters?
cheers.

Terms like warm, cold, chilly are relative.

The short answer is that different waters require different thermal protection.

The long answer is that most divers own, at least, the proper type of thermal protection for their local diving area/s. Then, a lot of divers also have other gear they travel with. If you dive a drysuit, your undergarment/s are what you modify depending on water temps...and drysuits are normally only used in water that people would consider on the cold side. Now, for warm water I've seen everything from no wetsuit to 7mm fullsuits, but no drysuits, although I'll bet someone, somewhere dives dry in "warm" water, I've just never seen it. It's a matter of comfort and preference...

oh yeah..and when you travel, you can usually rent a wetsuit that works well for the local waters....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom