Wetsuit washing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put mine in a front loader machine with a very small amount of Woolite and run it as delicates.

never have used anything other than water. wetsuit still smells like a wetsuit, not a sceince experiment gone bad

It all comes to thorough drying. Now matter what you wash it in it will stink if it does not dry thoroughly and quick.

never have used anything other than water. wetsuit still smells like a wetsuit, not a sceince experiment gone bad
My smell sensors don't work well either. :D

I soak my wetsuits in Sun warmed water for 5 to 10 minutes after each dive, if I sense the presence of urine I add a small amount of dish soap to the offending area and work it in and then let that soak for an additional 30 mins... I then make sure all soap is gone before hanging..

Cheers,
Roger

Thanks for the info in this thread. I washed my wetsuit in the front-loader on a delicate cycle, with minimal spin, and no detergent. I figure that's simulating a really thorough dunking in the bathtub. Anyway it feels really good now - a bit softer than the last time I used it (presumably more salt removed..!).

I clean everything in super warm water in the bathtub. Then let it soak in warm water for a while and hang it to dry immediately after, has been working out quite well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom