wetsuit vs. drysuit for NJ wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curly's right John,

All depends on your tolerance for the cold. I've been diving the Jersey wrecks in my 7mm for 6 yrs during the prime months and have been okay anywhere from 43-60 degrees.

I bought my dry suit from Bob3 on this board for diving the colder months, winter and spring, and will continue to dive wet in mid-summer and early fall just because I get too hot on the boat in the dry suit undergarments when that sun is beating down upon my face.

The first time you dive dry, you'll wonder why anyone would ever dive wet except in place like grand cayman. I ts nice when your doing your surface sit for two hours and your DRY and WARM.
Its also nice when the dive is done, you just take off your suit and pack up your stuff and leave. Do that after a beach dive and you'll look like a sugar cookie getting in your car in the parking lot.
When I first started wreck diving, I dove a few times wet out in the atlantic, and after every dive Iwas cold and wet and really didn't enjoy the ride home on the boat, and was too damm tired to take my gear off the boat. Then I got a dry suit, now the ride home is enjoyable and I feel better rested when I take my gear off the boat. even after 2 deep dives with deco and hauling all my stuff home and cleaning it, I'm still full of life.:bounce: That never happened when I dove wet.

go buy a dry suit, don't waste your time with a wet suit, you'll just wind up buying one later.
Oh and get trained to use it, its ALOT more involved then zipping it up. with out training and some pool time your asking for an uncontrolled ascent and an emboli in the lungs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom