Wetsuit suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RU 4 Scuba?

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey there, need some help picking out a new wetsuit for when I head to the Caribbean. These are the ones that I have picked out so far (price range is ~$150):

O'Neill Exlpore 3mm Full ($150)
Pinnacle Seal 3mm Merino Lined Jumpsuit ($160)
O'Neill Reactor 3/2MM Full ($100)

As of right now I am leaning towards the explore or seal, but I'm not too sure yet. Basically I'm just looking for something that is both comfortable and durable. I do not want an overload of colors, prefer something more basic (black). If you have any other advice or suggestions for me I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Buy which ever one fits you best. Good fit will make a difference in warmth and comfort that far exceeds other qualitative measures or differences.

I usually feel cold, even in warm waters. So I've made my choice for a Cressi 5mm Diver suit.

I used that suit during a San Andres trip and felt really confortable, specially for deeper dives or long bottom times.

You can also check some Mares suits, that are of excelent quality.

Out of those three I recommend the Pinnacle with the Merino lining cause I have their 7mm Arctic with the Merino lining and I love it!!!

Out of those three I recommend the Pinnacle with the Merino lining cause I have their 7mm Arctic with the Merino lining and I love it!!!

Warted, What temp range do you typically dive in?? Your Arctic is a 7/5, correct?

I'm looking at either an Kodiak-Merino 8/6 or an Merino-Elastiprene 7 for use in northern IL quarries (60-65F) and Lake Michigan (<60F), with the addition on a hooded vest for the big lake!

Thansk,
SSSSteve

Pinnacle is miles ahead of the others.

Another Pinnacle vote. They are the warmest. i would say my 3mm is as warm as a 5mm. plus the Navy Seal look can't be beat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom