Wetsuit/Skin/Nothing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went drift diving off West Palm Beach last friday. Temps were in the mid-80's all the way down to 55 feet. Found a thermocline about 60 feet and the temp dropped into the 70's... pretty brisk in just my skins. My buddy and I moved up into the warmer water and drifted until the bottom came up to us.

I dive 7mm with hood and gloves here at home in Northern Illinois

Bob

showboat:
anyone up for a nakkid dive this weekend, we can meet at Haulover's clothing optional beach

I'm up for a beach dive but not sure about Haulover Beach. Went snorkeling there last year and got burnt kinda bad plus scenary's not that great if you know what I mean...

MDColson:
I'll be coming down in a couple weeks to dive (hopefully a lot) in sunny south florida. Up here in connecticut I dive nothing but a 7mm wetsuit (with many who only dive dry). What is common for florida summer diving, for someone who handles cold well? Is a dive skin really necessary? Are the jellies/corals really that big of a problem? Or should I be ok with a tshirt under my BC?

Mark

I'm happy to report Mark wore a skin and did just fine down here in our very wonderful bath water (I wear a 3mm wet, 7mm boot, and 1mm gloves during the summer....lol) BTW, just "in case" anyone wanted to know, NEVER EVER judge a diver by the number of dives they have. I met up with Mark while he was down here on holiday and after learning he had a bit more than 20 dives, I thought it would be best to have him check out down at Phil Fosters. Dang, this guy had never dived in salt water before or without a bulky 7mm wettie, was in 15 feet MAX depth, and I never saw him bounce. WOW! Really great diver.. :wink:

darkmoon3d:
I'm up for a beach dive but not sure about Haulover Beach. Went snorkeling there last year and got burnt kinda bad plus scenary's not that great if you know what I mean...

Yup I know what you mean about the scenary, Joni and I are hoping to do a beach dive on Saturday but not sure where yet. Maybe give Palm Beach a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom