Wetsuit Restitching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b2skier

Registered
Reaction score
Just returned from a trip to Grand Cayman, and the stitching in my ScubaPro 3mm wetsuit, which is only 1.5y old (!) is coming badly unraveled at the knee seam. I saw a couple of old posts on doing this yourself, but I don't want to tackle such a large area, and I'm afraid the act of sewing would cause it to tear. Everyone I've called locally either won't touch it or doesn't know what a wetsuit is. I found a couple of places out west that advertise they do this, but it will cost a lot to ship it back and forth. Does anyone know a place on the east cost (preferrably North Carolina) that will do this (and do a good job)?

If I can't find someone who specializes in this sort of thing, what else should I consider? Someone who does marine repair or upholstery repair? Any advice welcome.

Thanks!

Thank you! I will send it there.

Thanks for the suggestion. I sent my wetsuit to Wetwear. The repair job was excellent, the turnaround time speedy, and the cost quite reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom