• I pee in my wetsuit often

Votes: 137 47.6%
  • I rarely pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 120 41.7%
  • never worn a wetsuit, never peed in it

Votes: 31 10.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look, you guys are really grossing me out! I am wearing my first ever wetsuit on Saturday for my certification, it is a rental. The thought of having to pee never crossed my mind until now and now I have a new anxiety! It is a rental! That could mean someone will have been there first! EWE;-0

Originally posted by shellbird
Look, you guys are really grossing me out! I am wearing my first ever wetsuit on Saturday for my certification, it is a rental. The thought of having to pee never crossed my mind until now and now I have a new anxiety! It is a rental! That could mean someone will have been there first! EWE;-0

I really wouldn't worry about it too much. while I don't pee in my wetsuit, I don't think it's a big deal. Think about it. The pool, ocean, or lake you will be in has been peed in too and that hasn't been washed out. The fish, birds and animals that live in in have, peed, crapped and done just about every other thing you can think of in it too. So what? It's all just a part of life. Hopefully the wetsuit gets sprayed down after it comes back to the shop, but even if it doesn't, it's probably been in the water more than your clothes have. It's all a matter of perspective.

Thanks, I feel so much better now that I feel as if I will be in a huge toilet! No, seriously, I do feel better. I will overcome the pee factor!

you have to make it a point to ALWAYS pee in a rental, that way there is never any doubt about if its been peed in before.

I also recommend buying one as soon as possible

Theres something about coldwater and having to pee.Gets me everytime.

As your body cools, blood flows to the core of your body to keep it warm. This causes the 'I need to pee' reflex to kick in. You should resist the urge to pee, as you loose vital heat by doing so. That said, I'm normaly fine untill the safty stop.. having nothing to do but think about how good its going to be to pee...

People that own the Gold Core suits have to becareful when peeing. The gold color will come off, and people will know how much you pee :D

Buncho pee'ed three times in a 50 minute dive one time, guess I had her over hydrate :rolleyes:

Ranz

I pee right before I suit up and I have never been forced to urinate in my wetsuit, not even on dives that go on for over an hour. Sometimes I get out of the water, tear my way out of my gear, then jump back in to use the big bathroom without the hindrance of neoprene. But I don't pee in my wetsuit. I think about all of the little aquatic microorganisms that get stuck in the nylon lining of the neoprene and die, causing the classic wetsuit stink. If those guys are stuck in there, urine gets stuck there too.

Besides, peeing doesn't really warm you up. It merely gives you a brief illusion of feeling warmer. You are actually helping your body core to cool off by expelling all that warm liquid.

It is my understanding that urine is, in healthy individuals, sterile. While I wouldn't drink it, it is mostly water, urea, and some hormones/chemicals.

-earl-

Hmm I seem to have the opposite effect of most of you
while I haven't been in a wet suit enough times to pee in one
I usually get the urge to pee in warmer water than I do cold water
I can swim a lake / river and be fine, but the bath / pool requires me to jump out after a bit and pee..

oh well guess im just a backward brit :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom