wetsuit pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For price ($45) and quality, I have yet to see anything that stands up to the Oxycheq G-Pocket I have one on each of my wetsuits and they have held up better than the DiveRite pocket that I used prior.

I put my wetsuit on and then rough position the pocket to my leg. Using a china pencil or a sharpie, piece of soap, etc, I mark the 4 corners for placement. After I take the wetsuit off, I apply the neoprene cement to both the wetsuit & the pocket....3 coats. Once it's tacky, smash them together and leave overnight with a stack of books or a weight on it to hold it together. Should be good to go in the morning.

We sold our last G-Pocket on Friday, but have more coming in. Let me know if you have any product specific questions.

Rev. Blade,

Strange thing is that I got these short here in singapore in XS although I'm a 31". If you want I could ask the guys here if they are available and if shipping isn't too much I'm quite sure it's going to be cheaper than getting them from the states.

Pls pm me if you are interested. Don't worry I didn't get them for USD$90 they are a whole lot less here.

Cheers

SangP:
You wore it for 2 hours :11:! HOly cOW!!!

No, why did you think that? I wore it for a couple of minutes, just long enough to chalk the outline! Then i laid it on a table, stuffed the leg with books, tied it down and left it overnight.

CompuDude:
Where would one find these "wetsuit pockets"?

(google was pretty useless, unless I wanted to trap a longboard to my thigh.)

Hey Compudude,

The first one i did was a Dive Rite pocket. I'm going to be doing another this week but this time i bought one from Bare. I just saw Tobin's pocket that Kevrumbo posted and they look great but they are a bit out of my price range i think.

theatis:
No, why did you think that? I wore it for a couple of minutes, just long enough to chalk the outline! Then i laid it on a table, stuffed the leg with books, tied it down and left it overnight.

My bad, it just sounded like you wore it for 2 hrs waiting for the ahesive to set LOL!

SangP

SangP:
Rev. Blade,

Strange thing is that I got these short here in singapore in XS although I'm a 31". If you want I could ask the guys here if they are available and if shipping isn't too much I'm quite sure it's going to be cheaper than getting them from the states.

Pls pm me if you are interested. Don't worry I didn't get them for USD$90 they are a whole lot less here.

Cheers
Thanks for the offer, but my post was actually intended as a joke and/or a moderate hijack. The last item on the website page you posted was an external catheter for a drysuit P-valve. I found it amusing that they only came in small and medium. I suspect that nearly all men like to think they're at least a medium, hence my (in my mind, anyway) hilarious joke about wanting an extra small.

I have long ago recovered from my small waist. In college I was 130 pounds,and 6' 1" tall. 20+ years later, I have finally grown into my height.

Rev. Blade:
I have long ago recovered from my small waist. In college I was 130 pounds,and 6' 1" tall. 20+ years later, I have finally grown into my height.

Don't you mean you've finally grown into your width LOL!

Man I'm 5'11" and 130 too and if you were 6'1" and 130 you must have been skinny then !

Btw, please tech me old great master how did you manage to put on the meat cus I know I need quite a bit of it LOL!

SangP

Also I checked just in case and found them X shorts here in X Small to Large and are about USD$30.

The X-shorts are a good concept, but I have found their durability to be disappointing. I went through 3 pairs in a year and a half. The pockets kept unravelling and the velcro came unstitched. From here on out, I'd invest in the separate pockets since for me they will be cheaper and more reliable in the long run.

As for the best pocket option I've found, Hotwave in Thailand has decent pockets that have an oversized backing that they sew (and glue?) onto the wetsuit. This seems bulletproof so far. I imagine other folks have the same option available.
http://hotwavephuket.com/

Hiya Jim,

Thanks for the info and I see they've improved their designs.

Maybe I should speak to Vie bout these suits.

Cheers,

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom