Wetsuit over the booties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetsuit over boots, don't want to loose my boots/fins due to entanglement and my wetsuit is a nice tight fit to stop flow down there

Pilot Fish,

By saying "wetsuit" do you actually mean a Lykra Dive Skin? Because this is the only thing that I have ever seen that has a foot strap (and thumb loops) like you are describing. If this is the case, then the boots should go on the outside of the Dive Skin.

cancun mark:
If you wetsuit has ankle zips, it is easy to put them over your booties, without them, I have found you can cause stretching of the wetsuit, and booties are cheaper to replace than wetsuits.
What Mark said. In warm water, I actually prefer my to wear my cudas instead of booties, b/c they work perfectly with adjustable fins, dry out quickly, and grip the boat deck well. It gets me some funny looks, though, every DM thinks I forgot my booties...

Suit goes over the boot. I can think of a few advantages with the suit over, I cannot think of any with the boots over.

Also, if you happen to pee in your suit, you can flush it out. I don't think I want to keep it in there. :eyebrow:

I would not recommend worrying about miniscule drag issues. Your gear will give you more drag than you would want anyway. And...,as stated eariler, good trim & form goes a long way.

No Fish:
Suit goes over the boot. I can think of a few advantages with the suit over, I cannot think of any with the boots over.

Also, if you happen to pee in your suit, you can flush it out. I don't think I want to keep it in there. :eyebrow:

Stinky feet.....Seriously my boots are always under my suit

Funny that this topic came up as this week-end I did a dive with one boot over my wetsuit and one boot tucked inside my wetsuit (by accident actually). My suit has ankle seals so I intended to have my wetsuit tucked into the boots. As for those saying that your feet will get cold this way, I say hog wash. To be honest, I could tell no difference either way. Both feet were warm (48 degree water), now my hands in reef gloves...well that was a different story.
Do which ever you prefer, but if you are pulling your wetsuit over your boots to keep the zipper from coming down, buy new boots.

Jason

Chuck Tribolet:
Boot over suit. Then you can pour hot water down your suit back on the boat, and
and those squishy feet someone complained about feel OH SO GOOD when they are full
of hot water.

I get the same effect with the suit over the boot. And yes it does as if runs allllll the way down.

Pete

Parrothead_Diver:
Pilot Fish,

By saying "wetsuit" do you actually mean a Lykra Dive Skin? Because this is the only thing that I have ever seen that has a foot strap (and thumb loops) like you are describing. If this is the case, then the boots should go on the outside of the Dive Skin.

No, it's a Henderson neoprene wetsuit, 3 mil and 1 mil microprene. Both of these suits have a strap-like flap that hits the arch of your foot as you put your leg through. It keeps the leg from riding all the way up. You put your leg through each leg of the suit. The flap fits right across your arch at the bottom of your foot. Hope I'm describing it properly.

Back
Top Bottom