Wetsuit help please....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattM

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, looking at a wetsuit for colder (to me :wink:) water this spring.... I am in Central Arkansas and already have a hyperstretch 3mm jumpsuit, 3mm core warmer and hood and gloves. I dove this combo last spring in rescue class and was mildly uncomfortable.... I am looking for a warmer suit for early season classes as I am now a divemaster and will be spending quite a bit of time in the water with students. Water temp during spring here can be from 55* to about 65* or so, I am looking at the pinnacle ME7 or ME5 and possibly the arctic 7/5 semi-dry (although I really don't like the idea of not being able to relieve myself in it) also the henderson gold core 7/5 has crossed my mind. I am interested in knowing anyone's experiences with these suits and which one you guys think I might enjoy more.... I tend to not get cold to easily and dove the GBR in Australia back in october and was comfortable in a skin and 3mm hyperstretch (72*-74*). Also I am 6'2" and 235# with a 32" inseam....

Thanks,
Matt

I have dove the gold core henderson and love it you might want to look at a dry suit would actually fit your needs better.
several reasons I say that you will be in water for extended period, and at diffrent times of the year, also you can put pee valve and be set , you could get a shell suit and vary the amount of insulation: ask your dive shop they be happy to help you I am sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom