Wetsuit heating pads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orch1ds

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get some wetsuit reusable heading pads? I can't take the cold california waters. I know they are out there but I wanted to see if anyone has used a specific kind/brand. If you love the ones you bought, please let me know which one you got and where you got them!

Thanks!

Drysuit

We got ours from Solutions.com and thay work great. Actual burn time is over an hour, enough to support an hour of runtime. All in a Velcro closure cummerbund that wraps arund the back at kidney height. Even then as they cool down you are much better able to tolerate the conditions since you are not as cold stressed. At $14 they were a bargain. Unfortunately they discontinued the item and I haven't seen anything close in value. These are also Sodium Acetate based. You want to be prepared when you activate since once it starts it's a fixed duration. It is fun to dive in a hot water bottle.

Sure a drysuit is nice to have but on the fringe seasons they can make a nice improvement in wetsuit performance and let you sink your $$ into other nice to have items. As a new diver this can be a nice bridging item and if you enjoy diving wet as many do it;s alos a long term luxury.

I have heard of someone making them for scuba use that has the activation disc up in a fluid path for remote activaion.

Pete

My buddy who is a Zuma beach lifeguard sells them. You put them in the microwave. We tried them and they worked for about 3 dives, that was about it.
The only thing i didn't like about them was they felt like they were burning my skin where i put it.......but it shure was nice out at Santa Rosa island mid winter even though i opted not to use them.
Having a custom suit with the hood attached makes all the difference in the world. Jim

I saw a lady used the type that gets boiled in water, but I didn't pay attention to the brand. She had several of these pads in which she put on her torso and back areas.

There is alway the traditional electric heating pads, the only problem to overcome is the extension cord and the fact that electricity doesn't play well with water. Ha Ha

What about THERMOPHORE or something like that. thermophore.com/?srcad=heating-pad
Theses types of items can be found at Walgreens or any local drug store. Usually lasts for an hour or so.

Anybody use anything like these?

I got mine from... Hotsuits - Heated Wetsuits - Buy Now

They offer a discount for ScubaBoard members. I've had mine for a few months now, and love it. I also picked up 3 for friends of mine for Christmas presents.

I may live in AZ, but the lake is 60 degrees right now, and Im 4 hours from CA and MX. My hotsuits heater makes my dives that much more comfortable.

This is probably what you are looking for: QuantumHeat.Net, heat packs. You can find them on ebay. Don't get them directly against your skin - they will burn. After use, recharge them before storage and they should last longer.

Back
Top Bottom