Wetsuit for Very Tall & Skinny Guy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarnBrat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Folks, I'm looking for wetsuit brands that offer sizes to fit the very tall and thin. We have convinced a good friend to get into diving with us and after a few trips he is ready to buy some gear. He is 6'7 and maybe 250lbs. So yeah...definitely does not fit into the typical wetsuit parameters. Any recommendations on brands that may be a good fit would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

I was a heavy weight lifter for many years and I have an athletic frame so the only brand that I found that fit me well is Henderson. If you have a larger frame, I would steer clear from Scubapro or any of those EU brands as their sizes are way off from US sizes.

Last edited:
When I started diving, I was 6'7", 185#, and back then had to go full custom just to do open water dives.... Regrettably, SAS is no longer in business... that being said, my last wet suit 20+ years later (dove a custom dry suit for a long time before wanting another wet suit) for me to fit 6'7" 230# was done by Wetwear. I cannot speak highly enough of what they were able to do for me. check with Connie ( @Wetwear )

I'd never find 46" chest, 38" arms, 36" waist, 36" inseam in a factory suit (or a BC) to fit properly.....

Last edited:
@BarnBrat I'm 6'6" at 200 and love my Bare Large-Long. Recommend that your friend try the XL-Long... he's got a few pounds on me.

I'm not as tall, but skinny for my height (6' 165 lbs) and Bare is the best fit I've found. Check out their size chart, they have a good range of sizes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom