Wetsuit for September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hqduong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone,
Looking for wetsuit advice.

I do a lot of diving in mainly in Hawaii in a 3mm and I am fine most of the year. Sometimes by the 4th dive I may get a little cold but that's about it.

Will a 3mm do well for me in Bali for September?

Hi Everyone,
Looking for wetsuit advice.

I do a lot of diving in mainly in Hawaii in a 3mm and I am fine most of the year. Sometimes by the 4th dive I may get a little cold but that's about it.

Will a 3mm do well for me in Bali for September?

3mm will be fine. only time i ever wore anything thicker was in galapagos.

Bali is only 8 deg latitude south of the equator. So the water temperature would be about 82 +/- 2F (28 +/- 1C) all year around. But there is an exception around June to August, ocean current from Australia winter season can pass through the Lombok straight, bringing cold water to Nusa Penida. I was in Crystal Bay on August 31, 2012 to see Mola-Mola. The water temperature there was down to as low as 72F (22C) at 130' (40m). I wore 5mm with hood. Saw 9 Mola-Mola in 2 dives that day.

Last edited:
You may want to layer up or bring a 5mm unless you only stay in Tulamben and Amed and miss out on much of the action. We've got 20 degrees today this side of the Lombok Strait. Here comes the cold water... Do we all know what comes next?

You may want to layer up or bring a 5mm unless you only stay in Tulamben and Amed and miss out on much of the action. We've got 20 degrees today this side of the Lombok Strait. Here comes the cold water... Do we all know what comes next?

Right on time for us... :-( The VERY DAY AFTER WE LEFT !!

-Bill & Emily

What's the range of water temps that you dive in Hawaii?

Right on time for us... :-( The VERY DAY AFTER WE LEFT !!
You'll be there for a year anyway :p Well this is great news for me as I'll be diving there Sep 1st onwards...

Back
Top Bottom