Wetsuit for long dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am regularly in a pool for up to 2.5 ours where the water is about 15' and between 70 and 75 degrees. ( I help instruct Basic openwater classes ) What I use is a 3mm Oneil dive suit and 2mm booties.. This works great for me. The other option is to get a 3mm surf suit, since you wont be going deep in the suit you dont have to wory about the neoprene breaking down and it will probably last you a few years.

If for some reason I get cold, I have a 2mm vest that I can throw on underneath and that solves the problem.

Phil

nanook127:
Hello all,
I have a unique question. I am a volunteer at the local aquarium and have started diving in one of the larger tanks. The tank is 15 feet deep with 72 degree water. The kicker is we are in the water from 2-2.5 hours. Currently I have a dry suit (too warm) and full 7 mil farmer john (too warm). Any suggestions on what thickness of wetsuit to use? Thanks in advance.

My dry suit is a 7mil O'Neill neoprene

When I have been in 70 degree water, I've used a 3mm. Drops about 8 lbs lead from my normal 7 mil.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom