wetsuit for Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaholic19

Reaction score
Hey,
I am going to Bonaire in June and stay through July. I was wandering if I should take my 3mm shorty or a 3mm full-length suit, and if I should bring a hood and gloves.

Gloves are not allowed.

I'd recommend a 3mm full-length suit. You'll be diving a lot :wink: and it will keep you warmer on long dives. Plus, it will give you better protection angainst rocks etc.

Laurens

also the full will keep any occational critter, such as the stinging kind, off of you. no need for hood and gloves. tom

El Orans:
Gloves are not allowed.

I'd recommend a 3mm full-length suit. You'll be diving a lot :wink: and it will keep you warmer on long dives. Plus, it will give you better protection angainst rocks etc.

Laurens
I herd gloves were not allowed at Washinton park, but are they allowed on the rest of the island

That is not true...I think that gloves may be allowed on the Hilma Hooker, but I'm not sure.

I also recommend a full 3mm suit...a hood is not necessary though.

Scubaholic19:
I herd gloves were not allowed at Washinton park, but are they allowed on the rest of the island
No gloves are allowed anywhere in the Bonaire Marine Park - with these exceptions:
You may:

stow one in your pocket to be used to go up and down the mooring line
use gloves during clean up dives
wear gloves while wreck diving
wear gloves to get into and out of the water if you are shore diving the windward side east of Willemstoren

If you have a medical reason for needing to wear gloves, please contact the Marine Park.
From the official BMP website:

http://www.bmp.org/html/diving_bonaire.html

Glove are not allowed in the Marine Park at all with one exception and that is using a mooring or dive site marker rope to decend or ascend. This is to avoid coming in contact with any fire coral on the rope.

Thanks

Liz

i used the bottom of a 3 mil farmer john (that's the pants and bib section) over
a skin, and was toasty warm

and i am a cold wus

The need for a wetsuit is really dependent on you. I wear a fleece lined skin and maybe a bennie on night dives, one of my dive buddies wears a full 5mm and hood. The skin is always plenty for me. Something full length is always a good idea for the occasional jellyfish, fire coral and sunburn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom