Wetsuit for a short chubby fellow???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowyorang

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone! I am just starting out diving. In fact, I just got my cert. last weekend!
My question is, is there a company or size that someone could recomend for someone that is vertically challenged? I am 5'6" and wiegh about 175lbs. I have a 34" waist.
I just hate looking at page after page of wetsuits not knowing if I can even get one of them to fit properly. I'm looking mainly at finding a 3mm farmer john and/or shorty. I would also consider a 3mm full suit. Not very picky, except need it to be cheap!
Also, would consider used if someone has something from the cheap to free range...:eyebrow:
Later!
Micah

If you can, just go try a bunch of different ones on. I've tried the same size of the same brand in the same store on the same day, and they're not exactly the same. Neck, crotch...etc etc... You're not that unusual as far as size so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a decent fit. Although "cheap to free" could be a challenge....

Although "cheap to free" could be a challenge....

You can't blame a guy for trying! :wink:
As for trying them on, the only dive shop that I know is about 2.5hrs away and I've already looked at what they had and didn't work. Way overpriced IMO as well, but so was everything there.
I just want to try to get something to begin with. I'm not a fashion type guy, so I just want to find something that works like it should and fits.
Thanks for the advice, though!

Micah

Not cheap, but Henderson Hyperstretch works wonders for the less than perfect figure.

Our company recently started using Pinnacle suits in our rental pool. For years we've been using Henderson suits, and have found that the Pinnacle suits fit a more round figure than Henderson does. I'm pretty sure that Pinnacle is one of the most economical suits out there too!

In my Pinnacle suit (switched over to Pinnacle from Henderson myself)... the sizing runs a bit big.

Hope this helps!

Hi Micah,
I can't offer you cheap, but I can offer you and all Scubaboard members a 10% discount @ Liquid Fit. I also have one color that has not moved as I expected. If you're interested, I would e willing to offfer this material @ 20% discount. This material is our superstretch and it should work quite well with your body frame. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you. You can reach me @ 800-785-8362 Welcome to the wonderful sport of scuba diving!!

Carolyn @ Liquid Fit

Carolyn, What's the color? You could start a fad!

Hi Pete, the color is Teal. Good news is that it reverses to black. So, the suit could be black with a teal lining.
Carolyn

Not cheap, but Henderson Hyperstretch works wonders for the less than perfect figure.

Seconded for the most part. While I'm not quite that short, I am round :D I actually did a semi-custom order through our shop where i picked a standard size, but had them shorten the legs and arms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom