Wetsuit for a Fat person.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atrawick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking at wetsuits. I'm 5'11 and 230lds with a gut! I tried on a XXXL Akona Farmer jon & jacket. The jon was ok. tight in the gut of course! The jacket was hell to put on. It was hard to zip up starting at the thigh. I think it was 5mm jon and jacket. so 10mm on the torso. Would a thin jacket work?

I'm 6-0, and was as much as 334 lbs. I have used Henderson's with no problems of any kind for many years. I use the hyperstretch series, and while a lil pricey would go back to them if needed without thought.

Ken

I'm looking at wetsuits. I'm 5'11 and 230lds with a gut! I tried on a XXXL Akona Farmer jon & jacket. The jon was ok. tight in the gut of course! The jacket was hell to put on. It was hard to zip up starting at the thigh. I think it was 5mm jon and jacket. so 10mm on the torso. Would a thin jacket work?

Where you diving?

I dive a 5mm Pinnacle merino lined suit in our local quarry in colder water than you are likely to encounter with no problems. I think a 5mm farmer John may be overkill. Most of us heavy people are not too cold natured.

Pinnacle makes bigger sizes King 1 & 2 in some of their suits.

I'd recommend Henderson hyperstretch. They have a wide range of sizes.

Springs in Florida and the Gulf.

I don't know your price range, but you are not going to have problems finding a wetsuit to fit you off the rack. 3 mill, at most 5 mills, for the diving you list.

Cover shipping and i'll give you a suit that should work. I don't know if i can make it fit into a USPS flat rate box but i can try.

Back
Top Bottom