wetsuit fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Never ever buy booties, fins, mask and wet suit on line unless you know what you are buying.
2. A trip to your LDS is your only viable option.

I wholeheartedly DISagree with that. It's just plain ridiculous, actually.

Just don't buy them from a place where you can't return them for a full refund.

Before I bought my wetsuit, I ordered 3 at once from LeisurePro. I got them, tried them all on - in the comfort of my own home, with no rush or pressure - decided none of them fit like I wanted, and returned them all, for a net cost of 0.

I ordered 3 or 4 sets of gloves at the same time. I kept one pair and returned the rest. As long as you've got some room on a credit card that you can tie up for a couple of weeks, this is an excellent way to get stuff that has to fit. And, most likely, get to try more different things than what your LDS has in stock.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments everyone. My LDS has the wetsuit for $80 more than what I paid so it was hard to resist. With that thought I put it on and leaped into the pool today. Loosened up when wet and although slightly snug around the armpits (not at all uncomfortable, just snug) it seemed to fit well. Thanks for all the opinions and comments and see ya in the wet world!!!

Before I bought my wetsuit, I ordered 3 at once from LeisurePro. I got them, tried them all on - in the comfort of my own home, with no rush or pressure - decided none of them fit like I wanted, and returned them all, for a net cost of 0.

I ordered 3 of 4 sets of gloves at the same time. I kept one pair and returned the rest. As long as you've got some room on a credit card that you can tie up for a couple of weeks, this is an excellent way to get stuff that has to fit. And, most likely, get to try more different things than what your LDS has in stock.

Assuming you live in the U.S. where such options are available. I don't think Centrals post was "plain ridiculous" the basic point was to try on before you buy which holds true. How that actually happens is secondary.

The other nice part about a LDS is being able to return (for a swap) defective items quickly. The first pair of kevlar gloves I bought resulted in stitching unraveling after the first dive. I brought them back and they gave me a new pair off the shelf. LeisurePro's prices are tempting, but their warranty process is an absolute nightmare. I doubt DRIS and others are as painful, but you'd still have to ship it back and wait for the new item. Once a relationship is established with your LDS and you spend a few bucks, I've found discounting is much easier to get from them.

The other nice part about a LDS is being able to return (for a swap) defective items quickly. The first pair of kevlar gloves I bought resulted in stitching unraveling after the first dive. I brought them back and they gave me a new pair off the shelf. LeisurePro's prices are tempting, but their warranty process is an absolute nightmare. I doubt DRIS and others are as painful, but you'd still have to ship it back and wait for the new item. Once a relationship is established with your LDS and you spend a few bucks, I've found discounting is much easier to get from them.

No doubt about any of that. I have bought most of my gear from my LDS, often paying more and knowing I was paying more to support my LDS.

But, to say
Never ever [emphasis added] buy booties, fins, mask and wet suit on line unless you know what you are buying.
is just ridiculous.

I ordered 3 or 4 sets of gloves at the same time. I kept one pair and returned the rest. As long as you've got some room on a credit card that you can tie up for a couple of weeks, this is an excellent way to get stuff that has to fit. And, most likely, get to try more different things than what your LDS has in stock.
You are plain selfish!!! If everyone shops like you sooner and not later the free return policy will be history.

---------- Post added August 18th, 2015 at 10:10 AM ----------

No doubt about any of that. I have bought most of my gear from my LDS, often paying more and knowing I was paying more to support my LDS.

But, to say is just ridiculous.
But you did not purchase the wet suit and gloves from them.

You are plain selfish!!! If everyone shops like you sooner and not later the free return policy will be history.

---------- Post added August 18th, 2015 at 10:10 AM ----------

But you did not purchase the wet suit and gloves from them.
I do SO love to come here and be called names...

LeisurePro touts their Perfect Fit (or No Pressure Fit, or whatever they call it) return policy. When I called to order the wetsuits and gloves, I told them exactly what I intended to do, just to make sure it was okay. It was. I didn't ruin it for everyone. And, BTW, which do you think is better for LeisurePro? If I order 1 wetsuit, try it, return it, order another, try it, return it, order another, try it, and return it? Or order 3 at once, try them all, and then return them all? Do you think I should keep one, even though it didn't fit me right?

And, yes, I did buy my wetsuit from my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom