Wetsuit Colors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're looking for colorful suits, I suggest that you go to www.lilquidfit.com They have more colors than any suit manufacturer I know of. My favorite suit is amethyst with mauve highlights. I have 3 LF suits and you never have a problem spotting me in the water!!!

saltwater taffy:
If you're looking for colorful suits, I suggest that you go to www.lilquidfit.com They have more colors than any suit manufacturer I know of. My favorite suit is amethyst with mauve highlights. I have 3 LF suits and you never have a problem spotting me in the water!!!

Typo in above - its http://www.liquidfit.com/

Gidds:
Why do most wetsuits come in such boring colors i.e black with neon highlights? Is there any company that offers more interesting color patterns?

there are only three colors i like. BLACK, BLACK and Black.

I liked the army-look-a-like-camouflage (black with brownish spots) one from that guy that was free diving with GW sharks in SA (I saw it today on NGC). But I think that one was a dry-one though...
Don't know which brand it was, maybe the same as the filmer used (picasso).

HAiko:
I liked the army-look-a-like-camouflage (black with brownish spots) one from that guy that was free diving with GW sharks in SA (I saw it today on NGC). But I think that one was a dry-one though...
Don't know which brand it was, maybe the same as the filmer used (picasso).
Haiko , well done mate , someone has finally said it .
The camo suites , yeah , now how funky is that ? You want to look different underwater than having pinks and yellows etc ? get a camoflaged suite. OK they are really designed with freediving and spearfishing in mind but they come in a traditional 2 piece long jhn and jacket with hood style. You can get 3 mm or 6,5 mm depending on the climate and there are a choice of a blue camo or a green brown . Again it depends on where you will be diving and the kind of under water terrain and vegetation . It doesnt stop there as you can buy the matching coloured fins , gloves , mask and snorkels , and spear gun too !
Brand names Ive seen here in Spain are omersub .They do the real deal stuff in my opinon. Also cressi do one which is a more beige green camo but has black legs.
As with a lot of people here I also use all black kit
My wetsuite is black with small red flashes on the side of the body and my cressi rondine fins are black with red flashes . I have a blue snorkel at the moment but will get a black one when I see one
:14:

Ok I wasn't in the market for a new suit when I first posted but now due to a zipper blow-out I am *grumble* I think I want a purple suit. Purple isn't too girly but not boring and not neon :D

Gidds:
Ok I wasn't in the market for a new suit when I first posted but now due to a zipper blow-out I am *grumble* I think I want a purple suit. Purple isn't too girly but not boring and not neon :D

In New England waters I'm grateful for the Yellow and Pink accents in my wife's suit. She on the other hand loathes by black/steel Bare suits, especially at night or on poor visibility. IMO yellow would look nice with the purlple.

Pete

My aversion to neon colors is based on not wishing to look like a fishing lure and my aversion to pink is due to the fact that I am just barely growing out of my "tomboy" phase :wink: and because working in a male-dominated field I find it inadvisable to broadcast my femininity. Pink is just yucky :yuck: I figure with purple I won't look like a fishing lure or a girly-girl and I'll be visible in the water and I won't get left behind on a boat dive because somebody will wonder where the wierd girl in the wierd purple suit went :wink: Yellow might look nice with purple but I'd have to evaluate as to whether or not it fell into the "fishing lure" category.

Bright colors can make it easier to "locate the body". That is part of why I wear bright colors on the ski slopes. I originally wanted all red, but the wetsuit folks talked me into "Captain America" colors. I had them add the horns as a "Truth in Advertising" requirement.

Some people want to blend in with other people. Some people want to blend in with the environment. Some people want to stand out. I suppose that Lemmings can tell each other apart, but I have never seen one with a mohawk.

Wristshot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom