Wetsuit Colors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dimitrik:
You would be invisible in a red suit once you hit 60ft since that is the first color to go :D
Yep thats right
but if you had a camoflaged spearfishing suite , you'd dissapear altogether at any depth ! lol :crafty: :D

Black is beautiful. Nothing better than a basic back dress the girls tell me. Use a underwater light if you want to been seen. It works very well.

Bright colors are neat, but they look terrible after a year or two of diving.

Black is the way to go :)

spectrum:
In New England waters I'm grateful for the Yellow and Pink accents in my wife's suit. She on the other hand loathes by black/steel Bare suits, especially at night or on poor visibility. IMO yellow would look nice with the purlple.

Pete

Night dives or poor viz dives - attach the runner's tape - "light-picker-upper" tape - works great

PAdiver93:
Night dives or poor viz dives - attach the runner's tape - "light-picker-upper" tape - works great

Or wear an omniglow cyalume light stick, it's great for id your buddy.

The new henderson's wetsuit looks great (way better than the fluo colors they had in the past)--black and grey--won't go out of fashion...

http://www.hendersonusa.com/

No color - but WHAT highlights!!! :wink:

The new henderson's wetsuit looks great (way better than the fluo colors they had in the past)--black and grey--won't go out of fashion...

http://www.hendersonusa.com/[/QUOTE]

The insta dry? yEAH it is nice but in 7mm it is also expensive...

500 PSI:
Black is beautiful. Nothing better than a basic back dress the girls tell me. Use a underwater light if you want to been seen. It works very well.

Underwater lights aren't easy for rescue aircraft to see during a daytime search. They are in love with bright green fins because that's the first thing they can see waving among miles of empty ocean.

Three reasons for colour: 1) You like the look 2) To be seen by your buddy in low viz 3) To be easy to spot if lost at sea.

Personally, my favorite colour is the cheapest one that fits!

Just remember the progressive loss of colors as you descend into the abyss we call home:
listed from first to go,
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

Depending on several factors, you start to loose Red (becoms poop-brown first, then black) at ~40-60'. So... maybe Violet is a way to go? Who's up for violet?

I was intrigued with the idea of a mood changing wetsuit... but I think I have a better idea: the TEMPERATURE-COLOR CHANGING WETSUIT. Just like those Hot Wheel toy cars that changed color when you put them in hot or cold water, it would be really cool if your whole wetsuit changed color depending on the water temperature.

Now, as a college student who also spends money on tuition, SCUBA, archery, and piano, I have no money for a wetsuit of this caliber. Would someone like to buy my idea or give me a wetsuit like that? :) No? No one?? Fine.

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom