Wetsuit Color- Any potential problems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This pretty much sums it up for me:

DAPS.jpg

Which doesn't say a lot for someone who wears a drysuit like this:

image.php

Hey Quaack,

I own 2 Aquaflite suits. Both have yellow trim stripes. Upside...my dive buddies do find it easier to see me. Downside...yellow holds dirt and is hard to keep clean. 7mm suit is black and 3mm is blue. I do like the look of the blue suit with the yellow. My .02 cents.

I've just encountered a unique problem....

Finally convinced the missus to get her open water certification....yahoo
Now I have to look for a "funky" wetsuit to suit her exquisite tatstes.....not good

All the usual stuff is a little staid it seems. Anybody know any manufacturer or shop selling any suits with a bit of that 'lucy in the sky wit diamonds" look? ie wooooohoooohooo

Ask her if she "really" wants to look like a fish in the ocean, with larger fish swimming around...

Sharks mainly respond to the oils that fish produce ie we dont smell like fish. The also sense magnetic fields produced by animals and objects. From a fishing/ diving stand point the biggest fish that I catch are when I use Gold/ Silver pieces of metal with hooks on the end.

one advantage for not going with the basic black approach is lets say that you for some reason, get seperated from your dive boat, and are swept out to sea. Its going to be a lot easier to find you if you have some bright colors on your suit and bcd. We really don't need to blend in with the background unless you are doing black ops, which then why are you asking on SB anyway? You might prefer to ask your Commander...

I've seen shimmering metallic blue wetsuits worn by a group of japanese recreational divers while in lembeh. WOOOOOWIE! Not something I would wear... would it hurt? well it sure hurt my SENSIBILITIES! :D But to each his/her own.

Blacthorn:
one advantage for not going with the basic black approach is lets say that you for some reason, get seperated from your dive boat, and are swept out to sea. Its going to be a lot easier to find you if you have some bright colors on your suit and bcd. We really don't need to blend in with the background unless you are doing black ops, which then why are you asking on SB anyway? You might prefer to ask your Commander...

Hmm, it will be even EASIER to spot you if you have a bright neon green or orange 10ft SMB. Even a safety orange wetsuit is gonna be hard to spot when your body is mostly underwater. But out of curiousity, when you fully inflate your BCD, how high out of the water are you? Neck high? Shoulder high? Waist high?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom