Wetsuit Care and Conditioning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronanm98

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has any good points/tips on cleaning and conditioning, storing a neoprene wetsuit for both new and used exposure suits?

Ro.

I rinse it in fresh water, let it air-dry, and then store in a closet on an oversized hanger (avoids putting creases in the shoulders). The few minor stains it's gotten were cleaned with a little mild dishwashing detergent and then rinsed.

Once, when it got a little rank from being in a suitcase for several days, I used the Sink the Stink product when I washed the suit, but hated the smell it left.

350 dives on the present suit and it still looks/works fine (some slight fading of the shoulder area, but just shows it gets used often)...

Keeping it out of direct sunlight is probably one of the better things you can do for neoprene.

cyklon_300:
I rinse it in fresh water, let it air-dry, and then store in a closet on an oversized hanger (avoids putting creases in the shoulders). The few minor stains it's gotten were cleaned with a little mild dishwashing detergent and then rinsed.

Once, when it got a little rank from being in a suitcase for several days, I used the Sink the Stink product when I washed the suit, but hated the smell it left.

350 dives on the present suit and it still looks/works fine (some slight fading of the shoulder area, but just shows it gets used often)...

Keeping it out of direct sunlight is probably one of the better things you can do for neoprene.

Ditto...use alot of fresh water and your fine. Salt water can kill suit quite quickly if you don't get it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom