Wetnotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackie-O

Reaction score
still learning how to navigate this site. This is probably the wrong place, butttttttttt...I read some posts about wetnotes and wondered if someone would enlighten this diver about them. Instead of the message board? How do they work?

The sheets are a finely textured plastic upon which you can write with a normal pencil.

Roak

roakey once bubbled...
The sheets are a finely textured plastic upon which you can write with a normal pencil.

Roak

Does that mean the sheets are eraseable or do you just buy a new book when that one's full?

either, dependant on how tight you are!!!!
I have cleaned them with a weak spirit mix, but now im lazy and just buy more.

WetNotes are great, but one of the things that has always bugged me about them is that they can't be run through a laser printer without melting.

Divers that generate their runtimes and tables on computers can save some time by printing instead of transcribing, but you need a waterproof paper that can be run through a laser. (Inkjets won't work since they use water-soluble ink.)

I was introduced to a solution by an aquaintance who is a Biologist and who found his students using this stuff for waterproof field notes. He's a creative guy and a diver, so he took the stuff underwater and Eureka! DuraRite Waterproof Paper sells a truly waterproof paper that can be run through a laser printer. Available in a variety of notebooks and binders, they also make looseleaf pages - perfect for running through a printer.

Also works well for those of us that create our own custom log pages - no more soggies.

Good stuff.

Steven

Shoot -- those Durarite Notebooks look like the cat's meow. Have you actually dived with them before? Are the covers stiff enough to write on without a backing slate?

The same firm also seems to be known by
http://www.riteintherain.com/
which has some listings for local dealers.

Hmmm -- even just for the logbook, its looking interesting.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom