Wetnotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffsterinsf once bubbled...
Haven't been able to find a local supplier here. Might be interested in placing a reasonable-sized order if there is enough interest.

Try online? I see that they've added the ability to buy direct from them since I had to special order mine through a local art supply store - I'm all set for awhile.

Steven

Xerox sells a "no tear" paper that is waterproof and can be run through a laser printer or copier. About $50 for 100 sheets, it is available in standard or three-hole punch, you can order it on their website.

boomx5 once bubbled...
Is it possible to lamanate regular paper?

Yes, but the lamination kits you can buy that do it with an iron instead of a machine are a little flimsy. They are great for something that you might want to be taking on the boat, but I wouldn't use them underwater.

Are you thinking for a writing surface? It wouldn't be good, as it's not going to take pencil, you'd need marker...

If your thinking of something specific [like navy deco-tables], you might be better off taking somewhere to get laminated rather than a home kit laminator, as it will last much longer with a professional lamination job.

If your looking for it as an option to waterproof something you printed... yea...that would work. However I think costwise it'd be equivalent to some of the other options [like the Xerox paper], and it would be much more time consuming!

boomx5 once bubbled...
But will it holdup for several dives?

I've not tried it, but my experience with lamination kits is that it depends on the treatment of the paper. If you fold it up, and unfold to look at it, and fold it back up again... it's going to open up near the folds. If you 'take care' of it, it'll probably last quite a while, but if you bend and fold it, it's not going to last nearly as long, as it will start to separate.

Durarite ROCKS!!

Finally found it at a shop here in the port that supports RPVs, underwater cameras, and submersibles. They use it on the job, as well as the rite-in-the-rain for inside the submersibles.

Easy to write on, erases cleanly.

Back
Top Bottom