Wether Watch for Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwerty988

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Howdy!

My first dive cruise is coming up, Aug. 13, with Blackbeard Cruises. I understand the southern tip of Africa is where all the big weather spawns, but I can't find a good satelite weather site to keep watch for anything which might spoil the trip. Got any weather watching tips?

THanks,
--Chris

I use these, NOAA site and a few others. Most Atlantic satellite images will show Africa to the US, Caribbeand and part of So. America. If you are looking for just satellite tracking there are alot. Some will offer enhanced radar or other views. Some offer path prediction but note that the eastern Atlantic storms may not follow predictions very well until they get closer to the caribbean or the US and even then it's a toss up for direction sometimes.

We keep an eye on the big storms spinning out from Africa and then pay attention when they get closer to the US or the lesser Antilles chain.

It is my understanding that these storms originate in western Africa and north of the equator. The satellite images should confirm.

Unisys Weather

Images and Maps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom