Wet suit worries (girl problem)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please pardon my interruption ladies.

My wife and I were at the Long Beach Scuba Show this weekend and one of the companies there was http://www.wetwear.com/
They produce a very nice custom fit wetsuit for a very reasonable price. The reason I bring this up now is they made a big deal to my wife about how their suits have built-in bras and they fit women better than any off the shelf suit. My wife looked it over very close and told me that was her next wetsuit. Maybe worth a call.

I can tell you that I am very pleased with the 5/3 wetsuit I purchased from wetwear for a little girl that was unfittable in off the shelf suits

I'm a three tank-diver (big boobs) too. I've found a men's henderson that fit. But I especially like my Glide Plus Scubapro BC. It fits around my big boobs.

Everyone I know who has had it has been thrilled and wishes they had done it earlier for health reasons - not cosmetic ones.

That is absolutely true...I got mine done at 31, and I wished I'd had it done when I was 24-25, when I first started thinking about it. The older you get the harder it is to recover from major surgery. Mine was over 8 hours long and took me several months until I felt somewhat normal. I do not regret it for even one second. Really was the best thing I've ever done.

I don't think fitting a busty woman is an issue. Fitting a slim very busty woman maybe more of a problem.

Try off the rack, and see what you think? If it's really tight in the fitting room, then it's going to be uncomfortable to dive in, but keep in mind wetsuits are suppose to fit snug or a bit tight. You want to try and get a suit that is snug, but not uncomfortable. It should be snug at the seals, and fit like a glove if possible.

The stretch material really does expand well. Do they make a neo sports bra or something to bundle the chest, like gymnasts use? Maybe that is not needed..but could help.

Hyperstretch, or superstretch or XXXXstretch material is your best friend! I'd exclude anything that is not made with stretch. Different manufactures have different names for their stretch suits. I have a Tilos 3mm stretch suit, and they are very comfortable.

If you can not find an off the rack suit (I personally think you should be able to), than a custom suit is certainly an option. They tend to run maybe $250~400 for a 3mm depending on a lot of factors. That is a bit more than the average online wetsuit cost, and it will take a week at LEAST to have it made, likely closer to 3~4 weeks, but talk to some manufactures.

Bet you did not expect all these responses, but if you mix boobs with diving on Scubaboard, the response is awesome! :D

I not only have big boobs....but there's too much of me in general. I couldn't find a wet suit that didin't strangle me...or bag in all the wrong places. If they fit otherwise...the legs and sleeves where too long ...then I discovered LiquidFit.Com ~ Wetsuits That Fit Like They Were Poured On You.

Carolyn is a very nice lady. I have two LiquidFit wetsuits. They actually ended up costing LESS than an equivelent off the rack and they fit me. I opted for zippers at the neck, legs and wrists in addition to the usula back closure because it makes the suit easier to take off. If you chnage shape....she will do adjustments at a very reasonable rate. Tell her Lynne from New Mexico said "Hi" and treat yourself to a suit that actually fits.

Henderson Hyperstretch is what worked well for me. It stretches in all the necessary places and fits snug everywhere else.

Bare suits run a little larger then most other suits. The Henderson Hyperstretch suit feels like you are skinny dipping. Try both of them at your local dive store. I have both and not sure which one I like best. TAlso try a man's suits, they tend to run bigger in the chest and shoulders and smaller in the hips. Try things on and your will find something you like. I'm not a skinny minny and I did.

Inexpensive wet suits that are custom made and fit like a skin. Alot of larger women wear them and love them ... check them out. LiquidFit.Com ~ Our Policies

Someone mentioned BC's I use a back inflate harness Dive Rite....I love it!! when you are the short curvy one you don't like all this mess in your way! I hated the front vest style, my waist isn't tiny but it is much smaller, my husband calls it hourglass...I really don't think they make hourglasses that short. :) But anyway...I love the harness style BC I have space...I can tighten it well and use the crotch strap, so no riding up....you know, so you have the vest just under your boobs. I prefer the waist at my waist and that way I can get to my flash light and so on without having to look. It is where I need for it to be. It is also modular so you can add or take away what you need. I have an additional very small pocket for a roll up snorkel. I have no large or even med. pockets on mine, not enough room. works great for me, just a thought. Good luck with your wet suit fitting and BC search!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom