Wet suit warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd take it back to the shop.

Like the new trend... forget black tie - just dine in your wetsuit :D

Dear reeldreams,

The suit should last longer than that. Please take it back to the dive store you purchased it from.

AKONA

I've brought mine back once already, now the one I have that is 13 months old 7MM 2 Piece and I have stitching popping out everywhere. Maybe 100 Dives and it is junk, I'm looking at getting a Henderson and will never buy anything from Akona again, when I called them they said my LDS would help, but the LDS I deal with doesn't carry Akona anymore. Wonder why talk about passing the buck.

Passing the buck? I think that is pretty unfair. Asking you to go to the dealer is a common practice for manufacturers. If you owned a Ford automobile and had a problem, would you call the Corporate Office of Ford? No, you call the dealership that sold you the car to handle or fix the issue.

Now if the dealer you work with for some reason is no longer selling the AKONA suits let's find another AKONA Dealer in your area. The AKONA suits is one of the fastest growing areas of the AKONA business. They are selling possibly ten thousand suits a year. If there is a defect with the suit they will absolutely take care of it.

Respectfully,

AKONA Rep

Hold on folks....

The reality is that it is quite common for stitching ends to break free. Very few brands effectively lock or seal the ends of the stitching runs. Get a tube of Aquaseal and put a small run at each stitching juncture. If you knot it into the last stitch that's great. Some brands do seal the ends this but it's rare.

If the suit is falling apart that's one thing but if it's ends you may spend a lifetime finding a suit that remains perfectly perfect. The bottom line is that if it's fit's right the small step of sealing the stitches is quicker and easier than messing around with alternatives.

Do it now and you'll be done and diving this weekend.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom