Wet Suit Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChainSaw0069

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am posting on here in search of info on wetsuits. A lady friend of mine has recently become dive certified. We are having problems finding a wetsuit that fits her. She is 5' 0 160 lbs and a 36C. The problem she is running into is the suit is either to tight in the chest or to loose elsewhere. We have been to 2 different shops with not much luck. It was suggested to get a wet suit custom made.
Are there any ladies on here that have run into this problem or can you offer a solution. We are looking at 3 mil wetsuits. A custom dry suit may be an option but not for at least a year or more.

Maybe a stretchy wetsuit would work.

I'm thinking like Henderson hyperstretch or Aqualung Aquaflex.

I agree with the Henderson hyperstretch or even an Aqualung Aqua Flex. Both fit me well where other suits do not fit well in the chest area. IMHO the Hendersons are a bit more sturdy. I have a 3mm Henderson H2 that I put about 90 dives on over the summer, including crawling out on the rocks on my knees. It still looks brand new with no wear or pilling.
Carrie

Thanks for the info. We are going to try the Henderson hyperstretch

I think she will be very happy. Have you looked at the H2? They have very soft seals around the wrists and neck, and there are velcro closures at the ankle. This is the one I bought at the beginning of the year that still looks brand new with around 90 dives on it. My only complaint is that it doesn't come in all black.
Henderson USA - Detail

Carrie

If Henderson doesn't work for you, look at the Pinnacle Elastaprene line. I used to wear a Henderson Hyperstretch but switched to Pinnacle a couple of years ago since they have better seals, preventing the water trickle down my back I had with the HH. To be fair, I haven't looked at the new H2 suits, so haven't a clue if they solved the "weak" neck seal problem the old HH had.

What I mean is with the HH suit I could feel cold water leaking through my neck seal and all the way down my back. With the Pinnacle Elastaprenes (both merino and not), there is ZERO water getting through the neck seal, resulting in no cold water running down my back. Thus making a noticeable difference in how much warmer I am in the Pinnacles.

What I mean is with the HH suit I could feel cold water leaking through my neck seal and all the way down my back. With the Pinnacle Elastaprenes (both merino and not), there is ZERO water getting through the neck seal, resulting in no cold water running down my back. Thus making a noticeable difference in how much warmer I am in the Pinnacles.

I've never even thought about that, so I guess it hasn't been an issue.

I never thought of it either, until I bought a Pinnacle suit and DIDN'T feel the water running down my back. :wink:

Since wetsuits are like clothing and one brand/style doesn't fit everyone the same, it just seems that the Henderson Hyperstretch suits allow water through the back of the neck seal for ME. Love the suits otherwise and had over 100 dives in my 5mm until I bought a Pinnacle 3mm suit and realized I needed to swap my HH for a 5mm merino lined Pinnacle.

Different suits for different bodies...it's all good. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom