Wet Suit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LilmanHSU

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello...

i have a 7ml full suit which fits nicely.. Its not constricting, and not baggy.. however, I have the hardest time getting it on.

I just can't pull it up to my waist and over my feet.. I end up tearing up my knuckles trying to pull it on.. once its on. its typically fine, but its a chore to do that. I have to pull it up a little at a time..

Does anyone have any tips how It can slide on eaiser? Wearing a skin isn't an option, cause I am usually very comfortable in 65-70 degree water with it on..

Thanks!

Get yourself a Lube Suit or place plastic grocery bags over your fit and hands before you put the suit on.

Grocery Bags??

That actually works??

Now if I can only find a grocery store where they aren't on strike =)

Yeah, makes for a real slick surface to pass thru the wetsuit. I've seen folks use this method dozens of times and it' always worked.

LubeSuit.com I think it is sales some great slick suits. They guarantee a XL man can get into a Small wetsuit when wearing a lubesuit.

I have seen some of my fellow divers use stuff called Duck Butter that you can rub on your skin before putting the suit on. a few have made their own concotions using 50 parts water 50 parts conditioner (Hair). that seems to work for them! I guess it could be a little tough carrying around bottles of goop to every dive site?

I'll have to give the grocery bag option a try for my night dive on Friday..

i'll bring some goop along too just in case.. not sure if i want to invest in the suit yet.. I would have to get a larger wetsuit wouldn't I?

After all, it adds a layer to your body making your size different..

My son uses liner socks, they are thin nylon socks used under hiking socks. They are a big help in getting your suit on, and you can leave them on your feet through the dive. A good pair runs $10.00-$12.00 dollars, but they last forever. I bought two pairs in '92 and we are still using them.
If you want to be fasionable thin nylon dress socks would probably work as well, and think of the comments your bright pasley would inspire. :)

Back
Top Bottom