Wet Suit, Dry Suit, One regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I very seldom dive wet anymore. When I do I just tuck in behind one of the straps to the BC. Diving wet once in a while helps me to remember how much I like diving dry.

Howdy,

I have a sillly question. If you dive with both wet suit and dry suit but you have only one regular, how do you manage the extra hose for dry suit?

RJ

Easy - don't dive wet anymore. Problem solved!

:)

Easy - don't dive wet anymore. Problem solved!
I'm just wondering why he's taking the argon bottle with him to dive wet :D If he leaves it at home, there's no extra hose to worry about :)

Seriously, as others have said, just remove the hose and plug the port. It's a terrible idea to have unused hoses cluttering stuff up and risk them getting caught, catching other pieces of your gear, leaking, etc. You even get to save a few precious ounces when travelling if you get rid of it at home and don't pack it into the luggage...

I'm about to find out since I'm diving dry for the first time today. Actually, I keep a second inflator hose on my first stage because occasionally I dive a BCD with a normal fitting instead of an Air-2 inflator. I also use the second hose to inflate the tires on my golf cart when they get low. I'm now a firm believer in "low pressure hose redundancy!" Is that DIR?

I'm about to find out since I'm diving dry for the first time today. Actually, I keep a second inflator hose on my first stage because occasionally I dive a BCD with a normal fitting instead of an Air-2 inflator. I also use the second hose to inflate the tires on my golf cart when they get low. I'm now a firm believer in "low pressure hose redundancy!" Is that DIR?
Well, I'm definitely not DIR, and never want to be, but I am firmly anti-clutter. I'm also anti-Air2, after spending a couple of the years with one on my BC... never needed to use it, but constantly had to fiddle with it. To each his own, though, and if it's your choice to dive with that thing, by all means.

If you find yourself using an air2 regularly, though, you might try this instead of having the extra hose dangling around: Trident adapter which converts Air-2 back to a standard inflator fitting, so you can use it with your air tools, or the occasional standard BC inflator. Good for the save-a-dive kit; I keep a few of the varieties in mine. Never know when you're travelling what you'll find a need for.

Better yet, you could just covert all the nipples on your gear to CEJN fittings, which is the newer standard, and has enough flow to breathe off of (which is why Scubapro uses their wonky fitting, anyway - not enough flow through a standard DIN BC nipple...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom