Wet Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

also how much are you sweating in there ? just a thought if getting soaked means that you are getting out with sopping wet legs arms or just wet damp ?

Are you remembering to use the potty before every dive?

I am not at all helpful, am I?

LOL, Sue, I was just gonna post that! You beat me to it!

thanks all... sort of a quick response:

1. i am burping the suit and then some. trust me, there's not much air, if any,
trapped in my suit by the time i'm the water

2. i don't sweat that much. if i did, i'd be dead. i'm talking about a soaking wet
undergarment and water sloshing in my boots.

3. i tend to believe that this is not a leak or a series of small leaks. i've tested it
and the LDS has tested it, and these guys know what they are doing.

4. no, i haven't done my bidness in the suit. sheeesh :wink:

5. the last dive i did, we made sure to get my neck seal as low on the neck as possible, and we triple-checked for any creases. none were visible. i still got
soaked.

6. i clicked the valve four clicks from "all open" the last two dives, and still got
soaked.

ok ball your fist see if you have defined tendons they cause leaks, you said neck seal seems tight.
How much weight you using? to little air in the suit water gets in at any depth. Have you noticed when you get wet ? beginning or end of dive that much water there must be a rush in when you get in the water?
so many questions sorry

other than my al plate and tanks, i use no weight.

i have noticed the water right away, within a minute or two of floating in the
water. it feels like a "burning" sensation running from my chest down to the
right to my hip (roughly along the lines of the zipper).

the zipper is 1 year old, and the guys at the shop tested it and swear by it

don't apologize for the questions! you're helping ME :eyebrow:

As suggested try doing a test dive to locate where the water is coming in. If you can find water that is 30-40F you'll know in an instant where the leak is... :wink:

If its the neck or wrist seal consider getting a thingy called a Bioseal (by Apollo): they are a sort of stretchy rubber ring with an awful sticky/gooey/silly putty feeling that you put around your neck and wrists before doning the suit: the suits seals cling to them real well. I had occasional problems with my neck seal until I got one of these.. (I also learnt early on it was a bad idea to crank my neck and head around or to vent my suit when there was no surplus air in it...)

Pee valves work wonders for incontinence… :eyebrow:

Cheers,
Rohan.

Are you sure your neck seal is laying correct (meaning no folds or garment collar messing things up) before entering the water?

well... not 100% sure, of course, being a newbie and all... but i did have my buddy
check, and he is an experienced Ontario drysuit diver, and he gave it the ok.

keep some air in the suit all the time, if you feel like the valve is leaking screw it all the way closed should dump by pressing in the centre.
Check the wrists if you have the wrist that tunnels water could be a big source of entry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom