West Palm Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

llBuckshotll

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heading out with Pirates Paradise for an evening/night 2 tank dive this weekend. The wife and I have been diving out of Jupiter with JDC. The Lake O discharge has been doing a pretty decent job of killing the vis lately. Usually less then 40', maybe 30' yesterday.

Has anyone seen the conditions recently out of West Palm inlet? Is the vis any better? Also any side notes on diving with PP are welcome too.

As always I'll update conditions after this weekends dive as well.

We had 40’ to 50’ vis on Friday in the Juno Ledge area, some mild North current and manageable seas around 2’ tops.

I would say that storm damage is evident across the reef, barrel sponges with gashes, sand covering areas that until not too long ago were exposed and uncovering areas that previously had been covered. It’s going to bounce back, but you can see that the storms did leave signs of passing through.

The dives were enjoyable, lots of wildlife with 4 Goliath groupers still hanging around from earlier aggregation, hawksbills, plenty of reef sharks and the usual critters that inhabit the reef system.

Hope you find improved conditions. Enjoy your dives!

We had 40’ to 50’ vis on Friday in the Juno Ledge area, some mild North current and manageable seas around 2’ tops.

I would say that storm damage is evident across the reef, barrel sponges with gashes, sand covering areas that until not too long ago were exposed and uncovering areas that previously had been covered. It’s going to bounce back, but you can see that the storms did leave signs of passing through.

The dives were enjoyable, lots of wildlife with 4 Goliath groupers still hanging around from earlier aggregation, hawksbills, plenty of reef sharks and the usual critters that inhabit the reef system.

Hope you find improved conditions. Enjoy your dives!
That's pretty good viz, In West Palm, I had 15-20 feet at best November 11-12 and less than 10 feet November 13. Viz at Boynton Beach was better on Nov 16, and considerably better Nov 18-19, 40-50 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom