West Palm Beach/Fort Lauderdale Tues 5/31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, since no one asked - what size doubles do you use? If you've been diving for a while, my money is on twinned LP66's, but you would knock the socks off everyone reading here if you owned up to twinned E8-130's or LP121's.

Sorry guys, just spoke to the Captain and the 31st wont work for us... Bummer! Other wise doubles wouldn't have been a big deal (we just aren't really set up for them)....

If it was my choice, I'd hit Kevin's place Stacy.... They have a great op, awesome Captain, cute first mate, and a few hottie DM's..... oh yeah, and the reef and wreck are pretty amazing too... :D..

My doubles are steel 72's. They will sit in the same holder as an AL80 or flat on the deck. They are great for diving, in fresh water I don't need any weight since they are negative. Still working on salt water weight depending on my exposure protection. I have only been diving since July, so I have not had the opportunity to hit the West Palm Beach/Ft Lauderdale/Miami dive sites YET! I did take a run to the Keys and hit the Spiegel Grove, the Duane, Pickles Reef, another reef on a night dive, and one of my favorites the Benwood. Only had 2 days of diving, so crammed it in.

So, where to meet on the 31st??? Scubakevdm, any suggestions??? Earlier in the day is better, but not required.

Well, I suppose we can dive over here. We're about 4 miles north of Atlantic Ave. There are other boats here that we could take too, but I think that we're the only one set up to accomodate doubles. The name of the op I work for is Splashdown Divers. There'll be at least one other SB'er in attendance, because I'm taking the day off. DiveSherpa will probably work the deck. Maybe Vic can come too since she won't have a trip. You can request a wreck for that trip when you talk to Lynn for the booking.

Awesome, I get to work the deck! Yippee!!!

We should do this more often:wink:

I wanna come tooooo!!!!! We're doing Coast Guard prep drills (yay me, almost as fun as your day Jamie...heheheh) I guess so long as I'm not the woman over board, I'll be just peachy..

Bonus crew dive when we're all finished, so the day wont be a complete loss....

Some of those Coast Guard guys might be cute...

Vickie,
I've heard stories of your crew dives:wink:

Now that sounds like fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom