West Palm Beach Dive - March 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinjc

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All! I will be travelling down to West Palm Beach, Florida for a business trip in March, and I'm planning to come down a day early to go diving! (My first trip to blue/salt water!!).

I plan to go out with Diving Solutions for a two tank dive on Tuesday March 5th at 10:00 AM. The cost is $54 with tanks. Here is their website if you are interested in going. I talked with them today and this date is wide open:

http://www.divingsolutions.com/

Let me know if you'd like to go as well - I'd love to meet some of the folks here!

-Jim

e-mail: martinjc@nationwide.com

Jim,

I would be interested in your opinion of Diving Solutions. I haven't used them, but I am planning to be in WPB later in March.

mike

and clear my calander! Of course that is just after my ITC in Stuart, so I may be "dived out"... nah! I should be there!

I think that you'll enjoy Diving Solutions. I found them to be a first class operation, one of the best I've used in Florida. The after dive M&M's and Double Stuff oreos were a nice treat - beats orange slices anyday!

Mike,
This is a very nice dive operation. I've been on a few dives with them and they are spot on every time. They are first class.:tree:Bob

They have a great crew! The LDS I work at runs all West Palm beach dives threw them . I go every other week there(if weather is good)I will see you all there at that time:)

It looks like this is going to turn out to be a great trip! I heard about Diving Solutions from a friend of mine who used to live in Florida. When in West Palm, he dove/dived with them almost exsclusively.

Thanks to all who responded! Can't wait to meet everyone!

:mousy: What type of Dive sight is it that they will be diving on? Is it for a Novice? I would not mind join you down there. But this would be the first Salt dive.

It is a great boat, especially for divers new to the sport or unfamiliar with drift diving. I highly recommend them, but do offer a couple of points on the operation:
1 The method of entry/exit is a little unusual and hard on the knees, especially in rough water. (They have you crawl out of the water on your hands and knees onto the platform.)
2 They restrict your diving somewhat by requiring you to dive with a divemaster, regardless of certification level.
3 The most frequent dives are drift dives at 60 feet. You are time restricted to 30 minutes on tables or 40 minutes on computer. I would rather dive my computer, that is what I bought it for.

All of that being said, I have dove with them on about 10 different occasions and I will be diving with them again in Feb. I just provide this so you know what to expect. All things aside, they are WPB's best boat. Also, try Boynton Beach. There are two good outfits there. The Little Deeper and Loggerhead. Boynton is a really nice reef. You will have to search for Little Deeper, but the Loggerhead is www.loggerheadcharters.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom