West Palm Beach Dive - March 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all:

I will also be in the WPB area for a few days in mid-March and was checking the Scuba Board for some info on the local diving and dive operators when I came across this thread.

I currently live in S. Calif. where the water is cool and so I recently opted for a drysuit and tossed my old wetsuit. I certainly would rather dive in a wetsuit in Fla. but as I mentioned...Just curious whether I will be baking in a drysuit even with limited undergarments worn. Thanks for any replies.

Eric

I have been out with them in the past and had a good time and did not find them overly restrictive...but that's relative, I suppose. Actually, I was thinking of going out with them again in May. Anyone going to be around during the week between Mother's Day and Ocean Fest?
Anyway, Finster, water should be in the mid-70's, or warmer than it ever gets here. I have never worn more than 3 mil with a hood in Florida, but I'd be more worried about overheating on the surface diving dry. Fortunately, the rides to the sites are brief.

I went diving on feb. 16th. I was supposed to go with splashdown but they wouldn't go for the 4 of us so my lsd switched us to loggerhead. I had a great time . I saw my first sharks (nurse) but it was great. The day itself was rainy but loggerhead ran a good boat. One guy diving had his lobster license and got 5 of them so it was a good day for all. thanks all

Budhacop

I was diving that area this past weekend and I will give the update. Diving conditions as we approach the day are as follows:

Water is around 72degF at the surface and 69degF at depth. Water was 1-2 feet surface swells with rain and a bit of a breeze. Air temps were low 55degF high 72degF. Viz was around 50 feet. Of course, all but the water temp will probably change. More as the big day gets closer.

OK - we're now 1 week away from this exciting mid-week 2-tank dive trip in West Palm Beach (Tuesday March 5th at 10 AM) - so I figured I'd post again and bring this thread back to the top of the list...so far we have the following possible attendees, beside myself:

Bob
Jeff from ScubaClicks (depending on work)
Nautical Noble
NetDoc (depending on the toe)
sharpenu
socaldiver (depending on work)

Anyone else care to join us?

FYI - (just so you don't have to page through the post) we are diving with Diving Solutions:

http://www.divingsolutions.com/

The cost is $54 (cash) with tanks/weights.

Highly Recommend Coral Island Charters in West Palm Beach!

My wife and I dove with Coral Island Charters last year. They are rated in the top 4 dive operators in the United States.

The diving was great, staff was friendly, and the owner drives the boat and eats lunch with you every day. No crawling.

The diving was awesome! Up their with the best. Turtles the size of Volkswagons!

As we're going tomorrow - just one more post to bring this to the top....Supposed to be highs in the lower 70's tomorrow...Can't wait to get into the salt water! (It's 7 degrees as I type this in Columbus OH!!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom