West Maui Mts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a greensword in bloom - same type of plant as the silversword, only these are bright green. Silversword live in arid climates with less than 10" of rain/year while greensword thrive in wet (the ground in this area is supersaturated) climates with 300"+ rainfall each year...

Silversword before blooming:
2.jpg

Greensword before blooming:
1.jpg

Thanks everyone, but especially Tim!! 1500 feet should be no big deal, especially since I'll have a 6 hour SI, but it's so hard to tell elevations on Maui that I thought asking was the prudent thing to do.

I leased a horse for a year once, and I decided that having a horse is the same as having a pool or owning an RV....the fantasy is FAR better than the reality. :wink: So my pasture is now solely for the pleasure of my dogs.

but be careful they don't just take a drive for a look around and end up going way up Mount Haleakala.... I can see you being way tired and doze off then the guys waking you up...

"Hey you got to see this, we're on the top of the mountain" :11:

Back
Top Bottom