West Hill Pond not a good place to dive right now...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FiddlerOnTheRoof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just a heads up for fellow divers in Connecticut...
If you like diving West Hill Pond in New Hartford you might want to re-consider going there for awhile or at least until they find the body of Patricia Cole the missing kayaker who has disappeared there last January and has not been recovered yet according to what I've been reading....

Crews continue to search for missing kayaker months later

I was thinking about this just the other day. It's too bad cause that's a nice lake dive. Only got to do it once last summer.

Or maybe you could go there more often and you might just locate the body and help out the family.

Back in the olden days I used to volunteer to find drowning victims because the fire and police depts. didn't have dive teams or very small ones. These days they are the professionals and know so much better then anybody else so much so I've been told more than a few times they don't need any help. So I sit back and let the professionals handle things including the families. It's called progress.....I think.

Hey Faith you diving or just posting!

Hey Jordan! I've had some family obligations keeping me otherwise occupied, but my friend Mark & I are looking to dive on the 18th. Was going to text you to see if you're free?

That's a week away! At my age I don't now if I'll still be around in a week! :) Let's see what he weather has in store for us, contact me on Thursday if you're still wanting to go.

Will do! And I'm willing to bet that you've got a ways to go before you start taking life week by week. [emoji6]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom