West End Cayman Dive Outfit Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another option to consider is Cayman University Divers, see the link below. We used them for the first time last year and we would do so again. They offer small groups of 4 to 6 divers and lots of personalized attention at a competitive price; we were very pleased.

Grand Cayman Scuba Diving with Cayman U Divers

These are all very good operators. You would not go wrong with any of them. There are, however, a few cattle boat dive ops on the west side that have not been suggested in this thread.

I booked DiveTech based on recommendations on the forum here :)

I ended up booking with DiveTech as well. Doing a couple of shore dives to get started then a boat dive later in the week. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Sounds like a plan. BTW I returned to GC in 2009 with my family after a 27 yr hiatus and thoroughly enjoyed it. We all dove. I dove 2 tank am boat dives with DT and then the family joined me for shore dives in the afternoon. DT runs a good dive boat and are organized.

GT and 7mb is much more developed since your last visit but you can still find parts of the island that have that old GC vibe. Enjoyed the shore diving at Turtle Reef with the obligatory post dive cracked conch appy and cold beverage. Ollen Miller and Sundivers on site are friendly, efficient and have a nice set up. We also enjoyed shore diving at Lighthouse Point and Eden Rock. At all three places, once you have the initial paper work/releases done, repeat diving is much faster. My family enjoyed the shore diving and we have been back a number of times since, the last trip earlier this month.

Enjoy.

+1 for Turtle Reef and Sundivers. I personally take a pass on Eden Rock unless the cruise ships are out and the silversides are in.

Agree with Doctorfish re Eden Rock. We prefer Sundays and always when there are no cruise ships. If you go a Sun AM with no cruise ships, GT is empty and quiet. The drive in and out easy. The diving at Eden Rock is not the best of what GC has to offer (many critics have posted), but it is easy, affordable, the staff is friendly and efficient and the set up nice. My family likes it and the kids enjoy the swim throughs. Silversides in a big plus.

Back
Top Bottom