Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Staying with the wet gloves over latex seals

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Staying with the wet gloves over neoprene seals

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
I don't understand the poll options. Is he asking whether I'd choose dry gloves instead of latex seals, or would I choose to upgrade to dry gloves if I have latex seals, etc?

Ah! Ok I got it now. (Monday)

doole:
I'm considering ging that route, so votes will be appreciated. (And hopefully, useful to others.)

I've seen lots of people fumbling about with these things, too. Please consider the fumble factor in your vote.

Drygloves seem warmer to me but I have had a few leaks so if I really need to be sure of no leaks like deco dives etc I prefer wet gloves. A bit colder but a lot safer.

No question,
I love my dry gloves. Even sold the neoprene ones. If it is warm enough for the wetsuit, I don't need gloves at all. :)

wedivebc:
Drygloves seem warmer to me but I have had a few leaks so if I really need to be sure of no leaks like deco dives etc I prefer wet gloves. A bit colder but a lot safer.

If you practice and know what you're doing, having a leaky dry glove isn't a huge drama. Unless you have DUI's zip dry gloves without an inner seal - that's just asking for a world of hurt.

I love my drygloves, and even e-bay'd my old wet gloves because I won't dive with them again.

Depends on the circumstances. I have drygloves and really like them for the added warmth in extremely cold water. OTOH, if you suddenly have some type of SNAFU requiring real dexterity and the water isn't ridiculously cold, with wetgoves you can pull off a glove, deal with your issue, then put the glove back on. With drygloves you can't. So there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer as far as I'm concerned. It depends on what you're doing down there, and how cold the water really is.

Boogie711:
If you practice and know what you're doing, having a leaky dry glove isn't a huge drama. Unless you have DUI's zip dry gloves without an inner seal - that's just asking for a world of hurt.

I love my drygloves, and even e-bay'd my old wet gloves because I won't dive with them again.
So what is there to practice? Is there a course I can take?

jonnythan:
I don't understand the poll options. Is he asking whether I'd choose dry gloves instead of latex seals, or would I choose to upgrade to dry gloves if I have latex seals, etc?

Sorry it's confusing. I guess either, i.e. asking if you prefer dry gloves over latex seals. Didn't think that would throw in a curve.

Do they get in the way of regular dexterity issues, IOW does it become harder to get your mask on, etc?

I have lost dexterity in wet gloves because my hands were so cold I could barely use them. Dry gloves rule.

wedivebc:
So what is there to practice? Is there a course I can take?

I have actually ditched a dry glove mid-dive and practiced pulling out the little string that allows the glove to equalize. If you put the glove back on after that (trapping the water thats inside your glove) your hand will be darn cold, but it's not the end of the world.

If you have the zip gloves without an inner seal, I wouldn't recommend this little plan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom