we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m trigon all the way, is the LM balanced?
Yes Sir. I'm still on the fence. I never had issues with the Trigon, just like trying new stuff when I can.

From an install perspective the LM wins hands down.

There shouldn't be any pressure if you are doing first run while horizontal. Air has less viscosity than liquid, if anything, it will come out easier.
It's not a viscosity issue. It's because the duckbill valve at the end of the line hasn't been used since the last pee, so unless you're diving super frequently (most aren't), opening that valve with air the first time is going to take a bit more effort than doing it on the surface with liquid. That's been my experience every time I haven't "pre-pissed" before getting in the water. YMMV.

Got ready in a stall at work. Looked at the shelf (tp holder) and saw my unused prep wipe sitting there and the cath firmly sealed on my member. How much will removal suck? Normally I can just peek it off once I'm done with the dive or at home.

Got ready in a stall at work. Looked at the shelf (tp holder) and saw my unused prep wipe sitting there and the cath firmly sealed on my member. How much will removal suck? Normally I can just peek it off once I'm done with the dive or at home.
I never used a prep. Leave the condom on all day, peel it in a hot shower at night. Minimal drama.

Minimal discomfort grabbing the tip and pulling it off that way.

I have yet to have any major discomfort pulling it off either directly after putting it on or hours later. It's not like it tears skin.

I peel from the back, slowly enough that it just peels right off. No blood, no missing skin.

I have yet to have any major discomfort pulling it off either directly after putting it on or hours later. It's not like it tears skin.

I peel from the back, slowly enough that it just peels right off. No blood, no missing skin.
And it’s a whole lot less painful if you use some Appeel medical adhesive removal spray.

And it’s a whole lot less painful if you use some Appeel medical adhesive removal spray.

Cutting my finger to the bone, painful. Stubbing my toe in the dark, painful. Dropping an entire grill on my finger last week, very ******* painful!

Having to pull a little tiny bandaid off my gazankta-gazoid,... not at all painful. On a scale from 1-10 it might be a .5:) I just don't personally see a reason for hot water, medical prep, waiting hours, or whatever.

I have put my soldier in much more dangerous places than a band-aid and so far he's survived!

I don't shave (out of laziness). Few things that I can add that I haven't seen is cut the tip back to about the size of the barb.. greatly reduces any kinking that might occur. When donning the catheter try to insert your member just how it hangs. For my 1st 50 dives I would always pull the skin back and try to insert the tip as far as I could. By the end of diving it would be just about falling off. I did this because everyone said put it on like a condom.
This makes sense. I just did a test today by rolling it on like a condom. In a couple hours it was almost off after the skin turtled up and the adhesive became undone. I will try your method.

Glad to have found this thread.

For those using a QD, where are you placing the QD in the line? The ones I got off amazon seal when they are not attached, so unless I'm hooked up to the drysuit I wouldn't be able to pee. I could see this being problematic if I'm installing the condom cath early in the day and suiting up later in the day for diving. What's the solution for this? Different QD? Bringing an extra female bit to have when you need to go on land?

Here is the QD I bought from Amazon (expensive little things)....
QD from amazon

Back
Top Bottom