we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While getting my kit ready this AM I had an epiphany for those having trouble with the female dry break side. You need the male side to be 3/8 to properly fit the cath outlet. The female can be downsized to 5/16 to better fit the tube.

For those using dry breaks:
when you aren't planning on using the valve and not wearing a cath do you bother shutting the valve (in my case installing the bolt) or does that shut-off handle the pressure?

For those using dry breaks:
when you aren't planning on using the valve and not wearing a cath do you bother shutting the valve (in my case installing the bolt) or does that shut-off handle the pressure?
The dry break handles it. My trigon it doesn't matter if I remember correctly...

The real question is why would you not plumb? It's under $2 per cath and worth the effort 100%

The dry break handles it. My trigon it doesn't matter if I remember correctly...

The real question is why would you not plumb? It's under $2 per cath and worth the effort 100%

Not worth it for less than 60 minutes

Not worth it for less than 60 minutes
Meh, always worth it. That means I can drink like I normally do and pee without concern for getting out when the need arises. I drink a lot of fluids and prefer to stay hydrated.

Meh, always worth it. That means I can drink like I normally do and pee without concern for getting out when the need arises. I drink a lot of fluids and prefer to stay hydrated.
I am of the same mindset. If I am zipping into a suit, I am also plumbed in.

the Rochester wideband made it 14 hours today. Near the tip started to separate but the last 1.5-2 inches stayed firmly glued. I was concerned when I felt warmth on my unit during my last pee of the day.

the Rochester wideband made it 14 hours today. Near the tip started to separate but the last 1.5-2 inches stayed firmly glued. I was concerned when I felt warmth on my unit during my last pee of the day.
Do you use any pre-donning wipes or preparation? i feel like I need something to help adherence. Especially in Great Lakes liveaboards where daily showers are not available.

Back
Top Bottom