we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You pee... you think you might have peed yourself, you continue the dive hoping that's not true... mostly thinking about it throughout the dive, then you get out and see. Most of the time you win all dry... sometimes you lose.

The good news is, it's just pee. Easy to clean up and I think happens to everybody.
Yeah I'll definitely blame it on a flooded drysuit, haha.

So my drysuit arrived in Texas but I'm in I flew back to Mexico in early Jan. All good information here and now I'm confused about my turtle and how to handle him but I've basically accepted that I will most likely pee on myself a few times until I get this sorted out lol.

So my drysuit arrived in Texas but I'm in I flew back to Mexico in early Jan. All good information here and now I'm confused about my turtle and how to handle him but I've basically accepted that I will most likely pee on myself a few times until I get this sorted out lol.
You will pee on yourself even after it’s all sorted out the best thing to do is relax knowing you’ll be doing some wash later.

You will pee on yourself even after it’s all sorted out the best thing to do is relax knowing you’ll be doing some wash later.

This is 100% spot on.. It happens. Not a big deal, I always tell myself it was just time to wash the suit... except for that one time I washed and peed in it the next day, that one I could have gone without.

This is 100% spot on.. It happens. Not a big deal, I always tell myself it was just time to wash the suit... except for that one time I washed and peed in it the next day, that one I could have gone without.
What he said

All great advice thank you all. The issue I have been experiencing is that it seems like with no kinks I tend to get separation the first time I go. is this a sizing issue or just a prep issue with the skin ? or possibly a combination of both?

All great advice thank you all. The issue I have been experiencing is that it seems like with no kinks I tend to get separation the first time I go. is this a sizing issue or just a prep issue with the skin ? or possibly a combination of both?
Hard to tell... could be a bit of both. You can either measure or order a few different sizes and see what feels right. Prepping the skin is a huge must, especially in the summer.

I find that my 1st time going I need to be gentle as it makes its way through. Almost like there's some back pressure as I force the little bit of air out. The 2nd time goes much smoother (on the same dive obviously).

It's a good bit of science... but there's some art to it to.

What is separating? Make sure you measured your member accurately (use a string with light pressure to get circumference in mm and Circumference to Diameter Calculator ). Cut the end of the cath so that the tip is the same length as the barbs of your adapter (QD here). Once all that is set then shove your piece in the cath and ensure the split lines up with the outlet hole. I've tried the turtle method but the head kept getting stuck on the side of the cath so I just press it in and make sure it's lined up. I then squeeze all around to ensure complete adhesion all the way around. If there are creases without skin then the liquid can go that way. Also, I use skin prep wipes and it works fantastic. No leaks and was able to remove it while leaving the dive site without pain except for the stray hairs I missed while prepping.

Hard to tell... could be a bit of both. You can either measure or order a few different sizes and see what feels right. Prepping the skin is a huge must, especially in the summer.

I find that my 1st time going I need to be gentle as it makes its way through. Almost like there's some back pressure as I force the little bit of air out. The 2nd time goes much smoother (on the same dive obviously).

It's a good bit of science... but there's some art to it to.
I have ordered the size down and I am also waiting on skin prep to come in so that i can try that as well
What is separating?
the cath is separating from the shaft most time on the first go

I have ordered the size down and I am also waiting on skin prep to come in so that i can try that as well

the cath is separating from the shaft most time on the first go
Skin prep and size issue most likely. My sizing was 0.5mm smaller than what I ordered but it works as advertised. The caths get spendy trying different sizes without measuring. I went with a 3 pack for $10 before ordering the 30pk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom