we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you use any pre-donning wipes or preparation? i feel like I need something to help adherence. Especially in Great Lakes liveaboards where daily showers are not available.
Is there more than one Great Lakes liveaboard? I only know of Ryan's and he has a shower on the back deck. I take one every day. The bunk room gets pretty rank fast if nobody is showering.

Is there more than one Great Lakes liveaboard? I only know of Ryan's and he has a shower on the back deck. I take one every day. The bunk room gets pretty rank fast if nobody is showering.
Hanz @ Sol Mates is going to the apostles now. He has always had you shower at the marina when you come back to silver bay each night, but that’s not an option of going to the apostles. I don’t know that his onboard shower works and/or if he has enough water on board for 6 divers and 3 crew to shower each day so I am trying to plan ahead.

Hanz @ Sol Mates is going to the apostles now. He has always had you shower at the marina when you come back to silver bay each night, but that’s not an option of going to the apostles. I don’t know that his onboard shower works and/or if he has enough water on board for 6 divers and 3 crew to shower each day so I am trying to plan ahead.
Good to know.
I would imagine their shower pump is plumbed to the raw water washdown. I can't imagine a liveaboard in the Great Lakes using their onboard drinking water for showers and toilets. But boats are designed for saltwater, so if it has never been modified, that is how it would have come from the factory.
Both of my boats use freshwater from the lake. The outboard boat has a propane demand water heater. The big boat uses the engine's heat exchangers to make hot water for showers.
Ryan's has a propane demand water heater, I liked his so much, I bought the exact same one for my boat.

Does anyone have experience with O’Three’s “Advanced P Valve”? Specifically known issues with it, cautionary tales, things like that. I’m considering their trilam suit but they will only fit their own valve, and I haven’t really found any reviews online.

Anyone know if you can buy the condom catheters at cvs or Walgreens retail locations?
If you're looking for local, you may have a medical supply store near you. I asked my local store for Rochester wide, and while they didn't have any, they said they could source some.

Where are you located?

Does anyone have experience with O’Three’s “Advanced P Valve”? Specifically known issues with it, cautionary tales, things like that. I’m considering their trilam suit but they will only fit their own valve, and I haven’t really found any reviews online.
I don't know anything about it, but I would caution against it.
If you have any problems whatsoever, you have only one place to fix it.
With any other valve that is more common you have options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom