we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you use any pre-donning wipes or preparation? i feel like I need something to help adherence. Especially in Great Lakes liveaboards where daily showers are not available.
I use a prep wipe every time and make sure there are no errant hairs along the length of the adhesion zone. Manscape the night before if possible though I've been fine for a few days after clearing it up.

Had been using the Bard Wideband external caths and recently tried some samples of the Hollister Inview Extra. It’s pretty much identical to the Wideband, packaging shape, all of it. The biggest difference is that the Inview Extra has a fair bit more adhesive on it creating a much more secure bond.

I learned pretty quick that having a piss before booking up helps to keep from “overflowing” the pee valve which quickly causes a separation in the adhesive.

With the Wideband I’d typically go down two sizes to compensate for this as well as Costanza’s law, but with the Inview Extra it seems there’s less need for downsizing. In fact going down the same two sizes it was practically a fight to get the thing off at the end of the day. Probably didn’t help though that the shower at the hotel didn’t get as hot as I’d normally like.

At any rate, I find it much more convenient to be hooked up whenever I dive dry since I don’t even have to think about holding it for an hour or more. Whenever the urge comes, no matter how great or small, just let it go. It never fails the biggest near uncontrollable urge comes just before the end of the dive and there’d be a scramble to get out, get my kit off, unzip, and walk off to the tree line/head. Now, as a bonus, when I’m out of the water on a shore dive location it’s just a matter of taking a few steps over towards the tree line. I mean, it’s not like I’m going at the picnic table. After all, I wouldn’t want it to take on the smell of a homeless camp San Francisco.

Folks were looking for the QD such as can be bought at McMaster. Below is a link to the one that I have used for my P-tube.

I've also used them but in a different size for my agriculture tubes. Very pleased with how well they work.

Tubing QD

Cool, they come in colors, even orange! But only 41mm🙄
lol 😂

Picture here shows that they look like the same thing with the exception of the printing on the package. Probably come off the same assembly line. Wideband on the right and Inview Extra on the left.

Color is just what’s printed on the packaging. (Bottom right)

Attachments

• IMG_5018.jpeg
    IMG_5018.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 30
I learned pretty quick that having a piss before booking up helps to keep from “overflowing” the pee valve which quickly causes a separation in the adhesive.
What kind of valve do you have? Was it blocked?
I never felt coming even close to overflowing my valve. Unless I pinch my cath, I don't feel any resistance at all, no matter how fast I let it flow.

What kind of valve do you have? Was it blocked?
I never felt coming even close to overflowing my valve. Unless I pinch my cath, I don't feel any resistance at all, no matter how fast I let it flow.
Light monkey tinkle valve. I think it more a volume thing.

lol 😂

Picture here shows that they look like the same thing with the exception of the printing on the package. Probably come off the same assembly line. Wideband on the right and Inview Extra on the left.

Color is just what’s printed on the packaging. (Bottom right)
Damn, I was really hoping for glow in the dark orange.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom