we're all friends here... let's talk p valves and sensitive bits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to have found this thread.

For those using a QD, where are you placing the QD in the line? The ones I got off amazon seal when they are not attached, so unless I'm hooked up to the drysuit I wouldn't be able to pee. I could see this being problematic if I'm installing the condom cath early in the day and suiting up later in the day for diving. What's the solution for this? Different QD? Bringing an extra female bit to have when you need to go on land?

Here is the QD I bought from Amazon (expensive little things)....
QD from amazon
I don’t like the shut off types but all you need do is buy another one like you have and use the approximate end plugged into the one attached to “you” and disconnect and remove that piece before plugging into the suit.

Glad to have found this thread.

For those using a QD, where are you placing the QD in the line? The ones I got off amazon seal when they are not attached, so unless I'm hooked up to the drysuit I wouldn't be able to pee. I could see this being problematic if I'm installing the condom cath early in the day and suiting up later in the day for diving. What's the solution for this? Different QD? Bringing an extra female bit to have when you need to go on land?

Here is the QD I bought from Amazon (expensive little things)....
QD from amazon
Female dry break goes on the suit. Male side is a straight through piece that goes on the cath that way you can pee without being hooked to the suit. That's how a lot of us are plumbed. For the Trigon pee valve you may want to get the 5/16" barb as some folks recently have had trouble making it fit. I spit and used a bit of muscle to wedge the damn thing into it and it hasn't moved since.

Screenshot_20230315_172343_DuckDuckGo.jpg

It works for P-valve, it works as mask defog?
Some might say it's a marketable product?
Someone already beat you to the punch

Attachments

• jaw13843-1-kk_a4206331-eba9-4adb-9ae3-3afe562f6cd5.jpg
    jaw13843-1-kk_a4206331-eba9-4adb-9ae3-3afe562f6cd5.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 14
Female dry break goes on the suit. Male side is a straight through piece that goes on the cath that way you can pee without being hooked to the suit. That's how a lot of us are plumbed. For the Trigon pee valve you may want to get the 5/16" barb as some folks recently have had trouble making it fit. I spit and used a bit of muscle to wedge the damn thing into it and it hasn't moved since.

View attachment 829273
Where do you order from?

I'm guessing the male end goes on the condom cath and is free flowing (so you can still pee without being hooked up?) and the female end shuts off so no residual liquid comes out when you dc?

I have this heavy neoprene hose on my OMS p-valve that says it should accept 1/4" barbs, but with the type I purchased I found I need to upgrade to 3/8" for both the hose and the condom cath (widebands)

Where do you order from?
I know you asked Boarderguy, but I and some others here have sourced these QDs from McMaster-Carr. Although McMaster is probably the most expensive place to buy hardware, they carry everything in every possible configuration. For example, you can choose male or female QD, in any size hose barb, and choose whether you want a check valve or no check valve. I have bought lengths of the hose, too.

Where do you order from?

I'm guessing the male end goes on the condom cath and is free flowing (so you can still pee without being hooked up?) and the female end shuts off so no residual liquid comes out when you dc?

I have this heavy neoprene hose on my OMS p-valve that says it should accept 1/4" barbs, but with the type I purchased I found I need to upgrade to 3/8" for both the hose and the condom cath (widebands)
MCmaster-Carr. As said above you can get any configuration you want. Get a female dry break to fit your hose. Male goes on nature's hose.

Back
Top Bottom