http://www.diveheart.org/

Well I have my tickets.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt the Aquaman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Have tickets for me, my family and nurse.

can't wait to get to DEMA and hang out and meet everyone. also cant wait for my dive in the keys.

here is my schedule so far: its below.

Matt.

My itinerary for the Florida trip, Nov. 2006 8th-16th

Wednesday Nov. 8-------- Leave Minneapolis/St Paul airport at 8:40am, need to be there at 6:00am. And arrive in Orlando, Florida at 12:48pm. Pick up handicapped vehicle and drive to condo Fairfield Orlando at Cypress Palms in Kissimmee, Fl.

Thursday Nov. 9-------- Possible do a dive at DEMA. Sometime that day or sightsee.

Friday Nov.10------- DEMA show arriving at 10am - 5pm (parents and sister will be going to Disney).

Saturday Nov. 11------- DEMA show arriving at 10am - 5pm and going to scuba board party after DEMA is over (parents and sister will be going to Disney).

Sunday Nov. 12------- We will be leaving Orlando at approx. 10 a.m. Drive to Key Largo and also sight see on the way (Approx 4 hours will arrive in Key Largo and well need a tasty lobster).

*These are my dive day options, in the upper Keys. We will be checking our dive gear and reviewing our dive plans.

Monday Nov. 13------- Getting ready for my dive in the upper Keys I hope on this day!

Tuesday Nov. 14------ May be doing a dive in the upper Keys this day!

Wednesday Nov. 15-------- May do a dive in the upper Keys, depends on the weather. And celebrate my sister Sara’s 11th birthday.

*Depending on what Mother Nature gives us for weather the day of my dive. I may need to change the date. Maybe do a night dive or a day dive it would be awesome to do both.

Thursday Nov. 16--------- We will be leaving Ocean Pointe Suites, Key Largo in Tavernier, MM at 8:30 am; we’ll be driving for an hour and half to drive to Miami. We will be arriving at the airport at 10:30am and departing from Miami at 1:00pm, arriving in Minneapolis/St Paul at 3:44pm (3 hrs and 44 minutes).

*While in Orlando, My family and I along with my nurse Beth Ness will be using a timeshare Fairfield Orlando at Cypress Palms from the 8th to the 12th, and while in Key Largo we are staying at Key Largo Ocean Point time share from 12th to the 16th. Barb, Frank and Drew will be staying at Capt Gary’s rental apartment while in the Key’s.

*We will be taking an airplane for me and my nurse and my family and my dive team. Then we will be renting a handicapped vehicle while we are in Florida.

Fairfield Orlando at Cypress Palms
5300 Fairfield Drive
Kissimmee, Florida
USA, 34746
800-438-6493

Ocean Pointe Suites, Key Largo
500 Burton Drive
Tavernier, MM 92.5
Florida, USA 33070
800-882-9464

Safe is the only way to go! Can't wait to dive in salt water. I may never want to come back to Minnesota!

Matt

Hey Matt,

Both ReefGuy and myself are planning on going to DEMA also. Maybe we'll meet up with you. Where and when is the SB Party?

Wildbill:cop_2:

Ohh Matt, you are going to have so much fun, and meet so many SB people!

Believe me, the Conchs are a GREAT group of folks, and the SB party after DEMA will be full of many familiar people who live in FL. I wish I could join you, but alas, I was in FL in July for a month, and that's all I can swing in a year!

You will lhave a blast. I HOPE the weather is kind while you are diving.

Who are you going out with, or do you know? I assume if you are in touch with Gary at Conch Republic, he is giving you good advice. Will you be able to get to a reef?

Regardless, the dream is close, and congradulations!!

matt, i can't wait to get to meet you in person

i'll be at DEMA and then at the party later, so i hope we get a chance to chat

all the best

JimLap:
Have fun buddy! Better leave a little more time for the trip to Largo from Orlando though. We did it two years ago on the turnpike and with one stop it took almost 6 hours!

I agree with Jim...... I live in SWFL and with good traffic it takes approx. 3hrs just to get to Homestead which is the beginning of US 1 heading to the keys. Can't remember how long to Key Largo from there, but.......Orlando is still about 2.5 to 3 hrs north of me. So four hours could be pusing it. You may want to give it 5-6 hrs. Then gauge it for trip back to Miami for trip out.

Can't wait to meet up with ya':D

Wildbill :cop_2:

Thanks everyone for the advice how long it might take me to get to Key Largo. The way back should be easy, since we drive back to Miami.

I look forward to meeting some of you at DEMA. Wild Bill, I don't know when the SB party is, I just know it is sometime Sat. night.

Captain Gary is awesome. He says he will get me on a reef, he will. I spent the last weekend with him getting ready for the big day.

Take care everyone. Matt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom